Friday, July 31, 2009
I wanna go back to the Youth Celebration... don't want the adults' session... youth one more lively... then I wanna go youth campssssss... go every year... so old can be helper only... I wanna be participant... not helper... why lar grow so fast... turn back the clock.. forever 15.. paling bahagia...
Yes, a problem can be a real 'weight', but we must 'release' it in prayer and practical experience. When we do, He promises to strengthen and sustain us, so that we will not slip, fall or fail. That means, He wants us to be secure, stand strong and succeed.
Take that problem right now, and hand it over to the Lord, and release it. Let go and enjoy the wonderful freedom and strength He gives.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Mati tergelak aku... hahahhahaahhaah.... you really lawak lar... muahahahahahhaa.... bahagianya aku ada kawan sepertimu.... Thank God I don't work in an office... abo sure kena pecat on the spot... gelak sorang-sorang in front of the computer... I sms you also gelak while looking at the pda... next time I sms you I must make sure I'm not seen by anybody... abo pai seh si wa... Ahem! Ahem! My words of advice... whatever you do, I, the seahorse, is still and will always be the centre of attraction... hahahahhahaaha... memang kulit muka aku tebal... apa nak buat. :P
Why would God emphasize the importance of prayer and then choose not to respond with a joyful answer? When answering prayer, God responds first to our attitude, much as a parent responds to a precious child.
Our childish actions and attitudes frequently affect a prayer’s desired results.
hinder God’s desire to answer prayer.
Unanswered Prayer – Unexpected Answers Prayer is not a casual one-sided conversation. It is not “back-up insurance” guaranteeing a life free from pain and struggles. Prayer is actively acknowledging God as the source of all power and trusting that His answers, whether expected or unexpected, will accomplish greater things.
When we pray without ceasing, God always responds, and every answer brings joy.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
This has been a constant source of inspiration to me. Make it yours, too. When you wake up in the morning, to know that "God is for you!" is such an encouraging blessing. He is for you personally. He is for your family, He is for your health, He is for your finances, He is for your ministry.
We must first make sure we are on God's side, by committing our lives to Christ, and then we can know we are on the winning side.
To have God's favour and blessing upon our lives, Job gave us some interesting steps...
We need to action God's Word in our lives:
- Make a mental decision to stand on a promise of God.
- Declare authoritatively and action that promise. Speak it out loud.
- God shall bring it to pass and it shall be established for you.
- Then you will have the light of God's favour shining upon your life.
God is for you, so make sure you decide every day to declare His truths and promises into your life and experience His wonderful favour upon ally our ways.
God said it, that settles it, so let's go!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Collecting rings - my latest craze. Whatever blinks and shines, except for yellow gold. No fake items, though. One more for the index finger and I'm done unless I change my mind about filling up my right hand fingers with rings, too.
God wants us to prosper. Because of the extremes and imbalance in this area, many individuals struggle with this concept. However, God does want us to prosper. Now the word 'prosper' means - to succeed, to thrive, to do well, to flourish.
God certainly wants the best for us in every way. David expressed this truth when he said...
Like everything in life, there are conditions. The Bible has many promises for the believers, but they have to be appropriated. Remember, we are meant to stand on the promises, not sit on the premises.
To receive God's prosperity into our life we must daily delight and meditate in the Word of God. Will this challenge you?
Friday, July 24, 2009
How long will that be then? 3 days? One week? 2 years? 5 years? Our time frame and God's time frame is different.
Pray without ceasing. You get bored with the same prayer, then you stop? God's not bored. He loves to hear our voices. Did you just pray because you need something from God? Why give God a limit and a due date? Then, grade Him depending on how He performs? *I'm not shooting anyone down in this particular post. Be more open-minded. I've changed my writing skills* If you can spend so much time communicating with friends, repeating the same issue over and over again, how come you can't do that with God? You can't hear God or you're too afraid to hear Him or you've never even ask to hear His still small voice? If you can pray and fall asleep while praying, I guess God can't hear you. Speak to Him clearly. Let your voice be heard.
How sure are you that you'll not be happy with what God has prepared for you? How sure are you? How do you know what's going to happen in future? You're not even sure of tomorrow. Don't mention about tomorrow. You won't know what will happen to you in the next hour or minute or second.
Prayer is a privilege. God is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. He knows everything you ever did and He still loves you! He knows your future too. He has the best plans for your life.
He cares for you so much that He gave His Son so that you could be with Him forever. You can talk to Him about anything that concerns you. Tell Him your desires and passions. Share your concerns for your loved ones. Talk out your fears with Him. Communicate to God what is inside you without fear.
Prayer may be accomplished in many ways. The best way is to be natural, just as if you were in the room with Him. He is very anxious to hear every word you say. You can say whatever is on your heart. He’ll even listen to your anger and sadness. God created us to have free will. He wants us to come to Him willingly and not as robotic creations. He has given us a mind to make decisions and the most important decision is about eternity. Even though He knows the future, we don’t know the future choices we will make. It’s important to live by His guidance to make the right choices. When you pray, God listens to your cries. When you don’t pray, God feels left out of your life. As you pray consistently, you are affirming the existence of God in your life. You are building your faith as you see God’s hand do His mighty work on your behalf just because you asked.
Who do you pray for? Yourself and your family only? Widen your circle...
The best way to pray is to pray in the Spirit...
Thursday, July 23, 2009
- Coherence - Coherence suggests that there is harmony, unity and integrity between your vision and mission, your roles and goals, your priorities and plans, and your desires and discipline. In your planner, you should be a place for your personal mission statement so that you can constantly refer to it. Place your roles for both short and long-term goals.
- Balance - Identify your various roles and keep them right in front of you, so that you don't neglect important areas such as your health, your family, professional preparation, or personal development. Many people seem to think that success in one area can compensate for failure in other areas of life. But can it really? Perhaps it can for limited time in some areas. But can success in your profession compensate for a broken relationship, ruined health, or weakness in personal character?
- Focus in Important yet Not Urgent Activities - Organize your life on a weekly basis. It provides much greater balance and contact than daily planning. The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
- A "People" Dimension - Deal with people, not just schedules. While you can think in terms of efficiency in dealing with time, a principle-centered person thinks in terms of effectiveness in dealing with people. There are times when principle-centered living requires the subordination of schedules to people. Implement rather than create guilt when a schedule is not followed. *I used to feel upset whenever my plans didn't turn out as expected due to human factor*
- Flexibility - Your planning tool should be your servant, never your master. Since it has to work for you, it should be tailored to your style, your needs, your particular ways.
- Portability - Write your weekly schedule somewhere where you can carry around. Easier to view or to make changes when necessary. Don't depend 100% on your memory.
"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you....
[Jeremiah 29: 11-14]
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
That picture is not about flu. It's about what comes out of our mouth - either good or bad. How then to control ourselves from sending out the 'bad flu'?
Instruct your mind daily
You need memory verses. Let it run in your head again and again. The ones I've prepared for both of us, read it daily. I've chose the easy ones. We will move to heavier verses as we progress.
Add learning to your mind daily
The daily devotion helps a lot. I have something to share. I'm not sure whether you're a procrastinator or not, but I know I am one. As you've said, if you're busy on that particular day, you will double your devotion the next day. I would suggest that you don't do that because from my own experience, tomorrow never comes. I can drag my tomorrow until one long month or half a year or a year. Use this principle, we need to eat every day no matter how busy we are. If we're able to find time to feed our physical body, how come we don't have time to feed our spiritual soul? Why let it go hungry?
Do it persuasively
Turn it into a habit - a good habit of reading God's words daily.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
I was so full... gonna burst anytime soon. Then before we walked out, I remembered I haven't had my ice-cream. It's already paid so where's the ice-cream? Oh, wow! Have to ask from the waiter only can get it? Never ask then won't get?? What kinda service is that?
All of the sudden...hungry~ Dinner at 9:45pm.. kinda late but have to eat coz' there's another appointment at 11pm. Hhmm... go for Japanese, Chinese, Western or ice-cream at Swensen's? After walking up and down the walkway, I chose this...
I have enough energy to last for the whole night. Planning for next weekend now...