Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Dishes which Filled our Hearts and Stomachs


Escargots.. yummilicious!! Six only so birthday girl got to eat 2. The shell was unique and we rarely get to eat escargots except the last time which was last year at Fisherman's Grill. We were served by the manager of the restaurant. I felt so grand.... hahaha.... then mom asked whether we can take the shells home as cenderamata. He said, "Of course, not! The restaurant has to use them back for other escargot dishes." My sis went, "Huh? Recycle, ar?" Then sheepishly he said that the escargots they are serving comes from the canned escargots so they actually imported the shells.... but in the end he gave me one and he has to report that a shell has gone missing to the main Victoris Station in Kuala Lumpur. I wonder who will be the scape-goat to take the fall.... the chef?? Or other low-grade waiter?? I'm so mean. I hope the manager will be truthful by saying he gave it away to one of the patrons.

The second dish - Mainstreet Course. Black caviar... too salty. Slices of raw salmon... didn't get the chance to eat coz' sis and the rest hentam before my fork reached the destination. Slices of abalone... I figure if they can serve canned escargots then I should be eating canned abalone too. Very smooth and nice. I wonder why some people keep on telling me abalone is tasteless and not nice. To me the taste was just so amazing. Plenty of cold mayonnaise prawns... my taste buds were jumping for joy at the taste of that prawns. Three pieces of raw oyster... very tasty too. Mom and sis didn't dare to try... my sis! Tak berani makan raw oyster but raw salmon pula dia makan dengan lahapnya.

Third dish - lamb with mint dressing. I pula yang tak berani makan. So can't say much but just that it's so-so only.
The fourth one - Fisherman's Platter. A piece of deep-fried salmon. Two pieces of fried prawns. A few pieces of deep-fried squid and two pieces of dunno what yang digoreng tetapi amat lazat.

Perut hendak meletup dah. So while waiting for some food to be digested, we had a hearty conversation. I could say that I have never spoken to any of them for such a long time and having a laughing time together as a family. Laughing with my friends during meal times... yeah especially with Karen, AL, Jan and Justine. So my sis was telling she tak cukup cold cash so I told her about my investment program. Told her not to question so much like other ppl but just daringly throw in the money. That's what she did the next day! I have a great sis! Now I know that my sis DOES LISTEN TO ME! hahahahaha......

No comments: