Monday, July 13, 2009

Inside-Out ... [1]

My son, pay attention to what I say;
listen closely to my words.
Do not let them out of your sight,
keep them within your heart;
for they are life to those who find them
and health to a man's whole body.
Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life.
Put away perversity from your mouth;
keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
Let your eyes look straight ahead,
fix your gaze directly before you.
Make level paths for your feet
and take only ways that are firm.
Do no swerve to the right or the left;
keep your foot from evil.
[Proverbs 4:20-27]
How we see the problem is the problem. Thus, it's time for a paradigm shift. [Begin with the end in mind - if you're not sure what does it mean, ask me and I'll elaborate on that] I'm glad that you've poured out everything that's not pleasant to you all these while. I'll keep those in mind and polish myself up. It is agreed upon that we start from scratch. I'll climb the mountain with you and walk through the desert under the scorching sun with you. I have the confidence that we'll weather through the storm no matter how long it takes.
Search your heart with all diligence for out of it flows the issues of life.
There's something you mentioned that disturbed me a bit. "Since you can't beat them, then join them"... something like that. I strongly disagree with you joining the crowd. If you see a crowd of liars, even though you know you are right but just because you can't send your message across to them, do you join them?
Where's the ability to standout and be different? Do you remember what I told you about "Seek first to understand, then be understood"? I know I didn't elaborate on that. I'll do that later.
There is no real excellence in all this world which can be separated from right living.
[David Starr Jordan]

No comments: