Friday, October 25, 2019

Korea Day 4: Lunch at 뼈다귀천국 [Bone Heaven]

~ 26th January 2017 ~


Lunch was just somewhere opposite the army barrack which I was staying in. It was near but we took a drive opposite the road. 

I think I got cultural shock when I realized that we have to remove our shoes to enter into the restaurant. If over here I'm asked to remove my shoes, I don't think I will want to eat there at all. No point wearing nice shoes when you need to remove them. Might as well just wear slippers and go. So, it was quite troublesome as I have my boots on. Can't wear slippers though, my feet will get frostbite and I will go home without any toes.

Because Korea is too cold during winter, so most restaurants have wood flooring and heating element is on the flooring itself. When you remove your shoes, your feet will be planted on warm surface. Nice nice...Please make sure your socks don't smell like salted fish. 

This restaurant's specialty is spicy pork ribs served hot. It's very nice and no where can this exact same taste be found in Penang. No other Korean restaurants can claim that they can create the same taste. The only Korean restaurant worth going to back in Penang is Daorae. With this, I only need two bowls of rice and all the refillable fishcakes.


As usual, there will be refillable side dishes but sorry to say, I do not enjoy eating kimchi at all. No matter how many years you keep them, I will not want them. But my Korean friend makes the best kimchi, extremely nice according to my tastebuds.  

This is my style of travelling where I don't see any tourists at all. Live like a local but in the end also sampat like a tourist. 

No comments: