Thursday, March 03, 2011

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the
presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and lovingkindness
will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the
Lord forever.
I have never study Psalms in great depth. One of my dear friends from the States explained in great length to me about Psalm 23 a few months back. Just yesterday, I read a book written by Phillip Keller - A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23. I grasp the meaning of Psalm 23 verse by verse. It has never occur to me why would Jesus will equate us as a sheep. A sheep needs meticulous attention from its shepherd. It is how much attention we need from God Himself in order not to have a wayward life. I'm starting to like reading the book of Psalms. Grab hold of the book and have an in depth study of Psalm 23 yourself...

1 comment:

Rai George said...

Yes. It's a wonderful Psalm with a bag of Promises from our Living GOD.