Sunday, March 06, 2011

Progressive Donkey...

‎"Build your dreams on bricks, not sticks." Third Little Pig
I miss my Donkey so much. I have been quite busy with my reading. I have tonnes of books and being a bookworm, I really love to read. While I'm reading away, my donkey has trotted away and mingle with the pigs. While they're oink-ing away, my Donkey managed to rub off some pig wisdom and inspiration to share with the world. From the First Little Pig, my Donkey didn't receive any revelation of wisdom. Neither did my Donkey learn anything wise from the Second Little Pig. Alas, my Donkey caught some air of wisdom from the Third Little Pig, bouncing off the ground braying away happily, couldn't wait to share among the people the pig wisdom that it has received. I thought I have made some improvement and become wiser, never did it occur to me that my Donkey would look for pigs to improve itself. It's a sign of desperation and out of that sharing, Donkey was overjoyed to have 18 'Likes' to the stupendous shoutout.

Many many moons ago, Donkey heard from the Creator to sell off everything that he has to help the special needs children. Now that Donkey is doing so well, he has forgotten his Maker, but instead, he wanted to be the Maker himself. BUT since it is impossible to become the Maker, my Donkey took upon the pigs as graven images. Oh, what has happen to my demented Donkey.
Let me share with you a story, my Donkey... come here, just sit down and stop playing with the pigs. It will affect your brain and cause irreversible damage to your already permanent head damage.
The Wise and Foolish Builders
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
[Matthew 7:24-27]

WARNING: History repeats itself, Donkey. What you did is what Lucifer did before his fall.

First, you brought the kids to the temple as their social exposure. You promised me it won't happen again. Then, now you did something even worse. Inviting the lions into your house and asking for their blessings instead of God's blessings. How dare you~!!

~ Inspired by Erratic Laconic (E.L.) ~

2 comments:

Akasha said...

Pure and Simple~Pride

"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of people, to be seen by them. Otherwise, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." Matthew 6:1


I question myself from time to time about whether or not I am being prideful and often pray that God will reveal any pride in me that I might be unaware of. I try to live my life according to His will and His ways and I know pride is not an attribute that pleases Him. After all, it was pride that got Satan thrown out of heaven. Satan had quite the ego. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying God is going to throw His children out of heaven because of their pride or swelled head, but He will hold us accountable.

Most of the time I think I walk in sincere humility if only because I know from where I've come and how God has been faithful in redeeming me; saving me from a pit of despair. My hearts desire is to glorify God in my work and my everyday life, so when I found myself face to face with a hefty dose of pride, I was taken aback.

God is in the business of refining and pruning so it's no surprise that He would want to make me aware of my sin, but He revealed it to me in an unusual way. It took me a little while to realize that it was indeed pride I was dealing with. Pride snuck in when I wasn't looking. You see, when others around me were being acknowledged for all their accomplishments and I was left out, well, let's just say I was upset, disappointed and hurt.

I rebelled against God. I stopped my daily devotional, even prayed less. I was grumpy towards God and my family. I was miserable. Soon, the divine pursuit began. A few days passed by and God began to soften my heart as only He can do.

I was looking for comfort and He led me to a new Bible study by Priscilla Shirer called SEED. Here's what caught my eye and my attention:

If you feel unnoticed, unappreciated, and overlooked, just lift up your eyes, and your gaze will fall on the eyes of the Holy One. He is watching every opportunity you've grasped, every gift you've offered, every undisclosed detail you've set straight. He has taken note and promises a reward - one that surpasses mere human attention and applause - the only reward worth receiving anyway.

I thought my eyes were focused on Him. How did this happen? Had I really fallen into the pride trap? It wasn't obvious and could have gone undetected had the "incident" not occurred that brought it to the surface. It came in the back door, uninvited. Thankfully, God exposed it for what it was. Pure and simple - P.R.I.D.E. I was looking for human praise and didn't even know it until it wasn't there.

It's hard to admit this happened but I believe we all have times in our lives that we can share with other believers, times that we've struggled and needed a divine intervention. Times that we have seen God at work. You never know when it may help someone else. Honesty and transparency can be valuable assets on this journey of faith we are traveling.
Posted by Mountain Chapel Women's Ministry

Women at the Well source http://womanatthewellmcumc.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=8

seahorse27 said...

Thanks for the insight Akasha...