Tuesday, June 28, 2011

When Life Is Like A Treadmill...

Interesting topic shared by Ps Robert on Saturday. I totally understand how does it feel like to be running on a treadmill. It's a vicious cycle of unending run, you get energetic for the first 5 minutes... oh, you thought it was the first 5 minutes but actually it was only for 2 minutes. Then, you were huffing and puffing and you felt like giving up. But with my gym partner beside me, it makes running like a lab mouse bearable. If you slow down, you will be underneath the roller and come out like a perfectly rolled sushi.

Sometimes when I was alone, I almost dozed off while running. I always get sleepy when I'm working out, dunno what's wrong with me. Sometimes I will be thinking about... food. Thinking about how best to prepare everything in an hour or two. Today's shrimp fried rice with the apricot chicken. It's too sweet. Thank God I didn't follow the recipe to do dot where I'm suppose to put 1/4 cup of sugar. If I put that much, I think I'll have to dump the whole wok of chicken into the rubbish bin. I just sprinkled a little bit of sugar.

Oh, this is not what I want to talk about. Now, when life is like a treadmill, it's like going through your mundane life, repeating your activities in a clockwork manner. Life seems to be meaningless, rushing to work, rushing home, rushing in traffic. Then, you get mad when nobody seems to understand you. You're simply mad at everyone. Life is like chasing after the wind. But when there's someone beside you who can totally relate to what you're going through, life is so much better. There is someone who can perceive our thoughts even when we're being very difficult and unreasonable.

You have searched me, LORD,

and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise;

you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down;

you are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue

you, LORD, know it completely.

You hem me in behind and before,

and you lay your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,

too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit?

Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;

if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,

if I settle on the far side of the sea,

even there your hand will guide me,

your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me

and the light become night around me,”

even the darkness will not be dark to you;

the night will shine like the day,

for darkness is as light to you.


For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place,

when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body;

all the days ordained for me were written in your book

before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, God!

How vast is the sum of them!

Were I to count them,

they would outnumber the grains of sand—

when I awake, I am still with you.

If only you, God, would slay the wicked!

Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!

They speak of you with evil intent;

your adversaries misuse your name.

Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD,

and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?

I have nothing but hatred for them;

I count them my enemies.

Search me, God, and know my heart;

test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,

and lead me in the way everlasting.


~ PSALM 139 ~


Isn't it great to know that there's someone who can understand you completely even without you voicing out loud? Isn't it awesome to have someone pursuing you? Isn't it lovely to have someone thinking about everything good just for you and have your whole life etch out beautifully even though it might not be fairy-tale prefect? By the way, fairy tale doesn't exist in the real world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Τhis site was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped me. Cheers!
my site: Beaumontmarket.Com