Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Oz Day 8: Waterfall Bay Cliff in Tasmania...

~ 13th November 2015~
I'm back to updating the holiday posts from two years ago. But I might not stick to this for long. I can't seem to stick to anything for long. I wonder how people manage to stick to having one hobby for the rest of their lives. 
Reminiscing the lovely holiday in Tasmania, it was really a nice place. When you need to go for a holiday, don't bother asking around whether the place should be in your holiday list or not. It doesn't work that way. Just go... make the best out of it. Even the drain in another country looks more beautiful than the drain outside your own house. And the sun feels different too albeit the whole world would be looking at the same sun.
Mi madre and I followed a one day tour because my navigator was still stuck at the office. We have chosen to rent a car but without the navigator, the driver couldn't do much. So, it was a one day trip where the tour guide who came to pick us up was so punctual, I was a little shock. In my e-mail, it was mentioned that our pick up time was at 7a.m., being Malaysian, I thought we should only get down at 7a.m. but having tuned my brain to Australian time, we went down to wait at the entrance of Hobart Tower Motel 15 minutes earlier... that would be 4a.m. Malaysian time. Only in Australia I would wake up at such ungodly hours. 
Being the first to get onto the van, we were given free city tour for the second round as there were other passengers to pick up. I think there were roughly 7 people only. I'm okay with small group but I I have difficulties travelling in big group. I have human-phobia. As we were going along Tasman Highway, my camera was working really hard already.
Then, we zoomed along Arthur Highway before we went into the jungle trail. We stopped at Denison Canal Park for a few minutest.
The view at Waterfall Bay Cliff was breathtaking. There was no waterfall though as the heavy rain from the previous night did not manage to build up the volume of water to make it into a grand fall. There was only a small fall which  I couldn't even see in any of my photos. Doing up all these photos reminded me of how much I love photography, at one point of my life. I guess I have moved on. But I still need to finish up all my photos so that I can clear them from my hard disc before I embark on my next trip. 
I was the slowest among them all. Can't blame me for that. It's not like I'm going to the same place every time so need to capture them all. It will just be a memory - been there, done that.
The rain came on and off. It was drizzling still but I prayed for the rain to stop so the camera would not be wet. The rain did stop but came back when we were walking along the jungle trail. Then, it stopped. This reminds me of how God answers prayers really fast whenever I was out of the country, in a foreign land. I love you, Jesus. 
I just enjoyed looking at the waves and rock formation. I can stand on one same spot for hours, mesmerized by the beauty of it all. Many will not be able to understand but I really enjoy listening to the pounding waves, how the waves roared and then went silent. The waves picked up speed when coming to shore and the different shades of blue. I do not like blue but the blue sky and blue sea were two different elements altogether that I truly enjoy.

No comments: