Friday, February 02, 2018

Korea Day 1: Off to Pocheon...

~ 23rd January 2017~
Cool~!

I have no idea where I was heading to. My camel said that we should get something to eat first before we started our journey home. I had a Krispy Kreme doughnut and got that yogurt that apparently was really famous among tourists, but I got myself a chocolate drink instead. I'm not fit to be a tourist.
Snow-covered mountain top...
Bare mountain... taken from above...
Why you look like Hong Kong?
White white snow...
Such beauty... bald and beautiful...
First tunnel... definitely not the last...
First road trip that turned out to be endless road trips...

The road trip was really amazing. The number of brown and bald mountains were so many. I have no idea how many mountains I was looking at. There were some parts which looked like Hong Kong. The bridge and the domino set apartments. I thought home was half an hour or an hour away but it turned out to be a three-hour drive. I could not imagine that my camel had to drive three hours to the airport and drove back for another three hours. I was really touched by her gesture. Airport from my home was merely a 10 to 15 minutes drive only. 
I love you Samsung... but I want Volvo for a car...

My camel drove a Renault Samsung Car. I love everything Samsung not like Samsung is giving me anything free... haish...
The Gimpo Airport is after Incheon Airport...
Why build Hong Kong in Korea?
Hi, outlet... but I don't like shopping...
Finally, Pocheon.. after 3 hours in the car... my ass was flat...

My first trip to Korea, I could not recognise a single word. But now I could read and write perfectly well. At least I can write better now. If I were to write this up earlier, everything I would describe as I don't know where, don't know and don't know. We drove until we could see sunset. Sunset was way too early as it was winter, thus night was longer than day. 
Why you look like a shop in Shaoguan?
Our two big bowls of delicious soup...
Who ordered so many?
Oooo... like in China...

My camel stopped by at this shop selling all sorts of soup for busy people. Just get the soup with some meat in it as take-away or just in the shop to eat. On a cold day, any kind of piping hot soup would be good. 
Add caption
Then, we went to The Local 43 selling fresh produce and meat. Eggs were not cheap at all. They cost a bomb. Nothing seemed to be cheap in Korea. The currency in Won did not help much with the numerous zeroes behind every significant value. Writing those prices in standard form would really help to reduce the stress of purchasing.
My hyeongbu, the chef in the house...
My bulgogi... I can eat all, if only 

Dinner was real good bulgogi prepared by hyeongbu. Hyeongbu means brother-in-law, my camel's hubby. We were staying at the army barrack as hyeongbu is/was an army officer dealing with the repair of the army tanks. God really knows my travel style. My camel is so much like my travel buddy. Everyone can cook extremely well. My stomach was taken care of. 
After dinner, we went to emart to get groceries done to make kimchi and to prepare for Chinese New Year. I was looking at ice-cream on a cold winter night where the temperature just fall off to the negative mark. I kinda enjoy having ice-cream during winter. 
My camel was completely exhausted but the kimchi has to be made...
The Korean mortar and pestle...

While the Koreans enjoy sleeping with the heater fixed to the mattress, I felt that I was being barbecued alive. I had no idea how to turn it off and it was really hot that I couldn't help it but to allow some cold wind to enter into the room through the sliding balcony door. But it only made the heater worked extra hard. I could not understand how everything worked in the house.
It was night at 6 p.m. onwards...

No comments: