Friday, November 09, 2012

OCT Harbour...

After so many days in Shenzhen, Beijing and Shunde, looking at the architecture of the buildings, such Chinese feel... but I don't feel at home at all. On Sunday night, Pinky's parents had a plan for me. Aahhh... I was so blesses, I didn't know that they have everything mapped out. Pinky's dad fetched us to OCT Harbour. It was a newly opened place beginning of the year and to go there on our own would be a terrible mess as there was no public transportation heading or passing by that way. And I was exhilarated to see such Western-designed buildings. It was a harbour, something like Straits Quay and it was a million times more beautiful and scenic compared to our new yet quiet Straits Quay. 
The place was huge but Pinky's mom was hurrying us like a mother hen. She said at the rate I'm stopping and snapping photos, I would have missed everything. So, I hurried off and we were standing in one place which many other people. I was wondering what were we doing there. Opposite the man-made lake, there was an open arena where patrons who paid 100 yuan would be able to sit in the arena and enjoy the front view performance. We, including the rest who did not pay, would have to stand at the other side of the arena  across the lake to watch the back view of the performance. It was amazing never-the-less. 
Caught the fireworks at 8 p.m. Thank God for good weather, cool breeze and thank God for free parking as the place has just gone through a soft launch so no parking fee yet. Parking in China is expensive if you're dreaming of having the 30 cents for 30 minutes parking like what we have over here, it is as good as imagining that you're able to fold your car and keep it in your back pocket.
I have lots and lots of photos in OCT Harbour. It was such a beautiful place but I'm just gonna share a few pictures here. That was me and Pinky with our leap of joy. You know, it's our third time meeting face-to-face. Such wonderful friendship. We're already planning to meet up next year, once a year at least to keep each other up to date...
I think I look best donning on winter warmers... the woolly boots and the scarf... I'll never wear such thick clothing back here... will never have the chance to do so...
That's us again... we really love taking photos together but sometimes it was just too impossible. It's either Pinky snapping me with my camera or I was holding on to her iPhone, snapping her to have her photos uploaded in Weibo... their Facebook-look-alike.
Did a UFO just landed at OCT Harbour? Nah... that's the convention centre... fancy-looking building... 

No comments: