Sunday, November 04, 2012

When 8 Gigantic Shopping Malls Converge...

It took me more than 8 months to complete my write up about my trip to China. It was just a 2-week trip but I felt like I've stayed in China longer than a month. Pinky asked me to go again next year but I'll have to make a pass to that invitation. I have another plan coming up so I better finish writing about all these before it was completely forgotten. 
After our trip to Shekou, Pinky's kind dad dropped us at the whole stretch of shopping mall. It looked something like Queensbay Mall, Gurney Plaza, 1st Avenue and a few of Kuala Lumpur's gigantic malls all joined up together. There were 8 shopping malls linked into one huge mammoth mall. Let's go in and check out what was inside the mammoth mall.
The bakery was the first that we came to. I was fascinated with the creative piggy and tortoise buns but the price drove me off. I could just finished a pig in one mouthful. Pinky warned me time and again that the price of merchandise in a shopping mall was exorbitant. I have to believe her after looking at a blouse with a 70% discount tag on it, but after reduction the price was still over 1200 yuan which was equivalent to RM600. That was way too expensive unless you can place a guarantee on the blouse that it would last me forever but I wouldn't want to wear the same blouse into a coffin for the rest of my life. 
What were our local durians doing there? That was the biggest durian that I've ever seen. Trust me, when I say that durian was big it was big. You know the biggest size of 'Hor Lor'? The durians that I've seen in China were 4 - 5 times the size of durians that we have it here. Or it should be roughly about 3 times bigger than the size of Thai durian. 
 Look at that price~! 56.80 Renmimbi *RM28.40* I could have eaten A FEW durians with the same amount of money. I wonder why must they sell it at such a high price. Pinky said that the durians there were tasteless and our ORIGINAL durians tastes a million times better than this.
Since we were considered too poor to shop and enjoy looking at those high-end clothes, we ended up at the arcade. I didn't Pinky love to play shooting games. I used to play that with Pork in Queensbay. Pinky changed at least 50 tokens. We had free tokens thanks to her mom. We waited for two little girls to finish playing but they proved to be wealthier than us. They kept on changing tokens by the basketful... and we stood their like numbskulls for an hour hoping that they would give up on the game. Finally, we were the ones giving up waiting and we went to another  shooting game. We were happily shooting at the screen, reload, shoot and press start to continue... that means we died in the game la....
Pinky said I should try Hey YO... the best yoghurt in town... it was a self-service one where you have to squeeze your own yoghurt out from the machine. I was thinking to myself why did she squeeze such a small blob for each flavour. There were eight flavours altogether. Then I have a good shock when Pinky said it has to be weighed. I thought those eight small blobs wouldn't cost much but it was actually 26 yuan (RM13). You see, things in China weren't that cheap unless you are at those shops where you could bargain down the price by reducing the number of 0 behind the price thrown in your face. It's a shopping mall... you can never argue your way out. 
Hey YO! has a variety of birthday cakes... and the piggies were so cute. Were they made of fondant? I was just wondering. That small cake cost roughly around 260 yuan (RM130). I wished I was rich enough and maybe being more careless with my expenditure then I would buy that cake for the fun of it. I wonder whether the cake was delicious or not....

Nothing much to snap as NO PHOTOGRAPHY was allowed everywhere. And I don't really like walking in places where the prices were so high that I felt like I've been robbed in broad daylight. All of a sudden, I remembered very well, we were in a hurry to head home because grandma was cooking something special for us and we were so hungry.... and we couldn't even afford to buy a small bun to lace our empty rumbling stomach... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All you need to know is already here. Even the explanation presented are all
crystal clear. Kudos to the genius writer!
My website :: birthday gifts for her