Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Day 15: Running Errands in Taipei~!

~ 28th March 2014 ~
We started the day quite late. No time for breakfast because as we were lazing around, the time has crept to almost mid-day. I had my chocolate drink bought from the convenient store other than 7-11 near our minsu. It was the nicest chocolate milk drink better than Dutch Lady Chocolate. I'm sorry Dutch Lady, I just ditch you and I'll stay loyal to Ovaltine. I only like Milo dispensed from the truck.
We were walking along the corridor, but I have no idea why we were both walking along the corridor and passing by other rooms. Our room was quite near to the end of the tunnel. Then one of the rooms' door was left open and being busybody humans, we turned our heads and looked into the room. We were horrified by how messy the room was and we shook our heads in disbelief. Then, as we reached our room and opened the door, we almost fainted. Our room was worse than the other room. There was hardly any space to put our feet on. We had to walk like ballerina on tip-toe. We found our way to the couch and laugh at ourselves. We can never be neat no matter how beautiful a room was when we first entered. So, we tell ourselves to stop commenting on the other room.
Then, we started carrying everything that Pinky has bought. Everything in Australia is expensive so she bought one year's supply of toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo and everything that's needed daily. The post service in Taiwan is really cheap but sending back to Malaysia seemed to be expensive so I don't bother sending anything back by parcel. While Pinky was busy packing, I scout around to see what's there to buy at the post office. PosMalaysia~! Please sell such cute fridge magnets, can earn more money~!! Seriously, Taiwan is really creative and we're so fell so far behind in creativity to hook more money from tourists.
After we were done, we took a cab in search of lunch. I have already decided to have McDonald's and to try out MOS Burger. Lunch time was just around the corner but since we couldn't wait, we just grabbed a pork burger to try out. Not bad, Taiwan McDonald's. Then we walked to the opposite or was it next door for MOS Burger. We thought of getting something simple but in the end we had a set each. I really like MOS Burger. MOS Burger, do you plan to come to Malaysia? Why I didn't see you in China also? I know you're in Hong Kong. Where else can I find you? You come to me please... then I'll not cook everyday just to have MOS Burger. The travel buddy is really made in China, she couldn't survive without rice so she was elated to see rice burger~!
What the heck is Chinese sauce?
The rice burger...
My prawn burger with banana fritter ring~!
When we were done chomping down our burgers, the travel buddy has to buy the Casio Exilim selfie camera for her customer. Yeah, she has her own online business where she buys stuff for people in China. I checked the price in Malaysia and Malaysia gives better pricing. Then, I have to use my bargaining skills so that profit margin will be wider. In  the end, we didn't buy but we told the guy we would be back. Any sales people will know that those who say they will come back later, never come back. Guess whether we went back or not?
We went to take subway and found a long queue. After enlarging the photo, I just realized that two years back we already joined the queue to get Uncle Tetsu's cheesecake. It's photography purposes only, we have no patience to wait in long for hours just for a cheesecake. 

No comments: