Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Psalm 39

I said, "I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin;
I will put a muzzle on my mouth as long as the wicked are in my presence."
But when I was silent and still, not even saying anything good,
my anguish increased.
My heart grew hot within me, and as I meditated, the fire burned;
then I spoke with my tongue:
"Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.
You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Each man's life is but a breath.
Selah
Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro;
He bustles about, but only in vain;
he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it.
But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.
Save me from all my trangressions; do not make me the scorn of fools.
I was silent; I would not open my mouth,
for you are the one who has done this.
Remove your scourge from me; I am overcome by the blow of your hand.
You rebuke and you discipline men for their sin;
you consume their wealth like a moth - each man is but a breath.
Selah
"Hear my prayer, O Lord,
listen to my cry of help; be not deaf to my weeping.
For I dwell with you as an alien, a stranger, as all my fathers were.
Look away from me, that I may rejoice again
before I depart and am no more."
This book of Psalm speaks so loud and clear.... that's my prayer.....

No comments: