Tuesday, May 09, 2006

People Whom I Met Along the Path....

I have considerably a handful of people. Well, not to say a handful but tonnes of them. The world is made up of human beings with various characteristics. Because of these multiple and colourful characteristics, the world is so much lively. I've met people who humble themselves eventhough they know they are one of the multi-millionaires. I've also met some who talk through their noses with air of pride. I've came across people who are 'tho kong' and also people who are very 'ngiau' or in other words - calculative.

Those who humble themselves often gain more than they lose. In the line of sales, I've met more than one of these kinda people. They are so humble with other people, never looking down at others, always giving other people the opportunity to strike it rich also. These people at the long run become richer for they do not have pride in their lives.

Those who talk through their noses with so much pride will fall one of these days. I know its bad to wish that someone will fall but it's already written in the book of the Lord.
"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall". Proverbs 16:18
They talk as if they know everything in the world. Those who assume that they know everything, they know next to nothing.
I've learnt that there are three types of people:
  • Those who knows about something but refuse to take action
  • Those who knows about something and will make it a reality
  • Those who will always wait and see

There are people who grumble they need a job and they do not have enough money to spend. I give them the opportunity to earn some extra cash, yet they complained the money is not big enough. Thinking about these people make feel like bashing them in their faces. Always be humble... start from scratch and build your empire in the name of the Lord. Everything will fall into place. Let go and let God. That's my principle! If God says no then scrap it off! Don't even think of it coz' thinking too much unnecessarily will only lead into depression.

Just look at other rich people, those oldies do not become rich over night but over the years of toiling and hardwork. Yet, they do not complain. But youngsters nowadays want to become rich over night and boast about their abilities by showing off their new and branded stuffs to friends who are not as fortunate as them.

Many live on their parents' wages. Modern parents are not like parents' in our ancestors time. Now they are always worried that their offsprings might not survive in the cruel world. Hence, they always provide the best for their children. Some children who are brainless took things for granted and refuse to work. Instead spend away the wealth of the family. They complained about jobs with small pay... hey! Who will want to pay you if you do not have the experience? Take the small job as a stepping stone. Some are waiting for money to drop down from the sky... nothing is free in this world except the grace of God.

My mother always reminded me that no matter how much you earn, when you die you cannot take it along with you. It's be left behind to don't know who will inherit it. My children if I ever have.... if not it's go to the government if I do not write my will. Should start writing will once you have 'harta' if not it'll be very difficult. You won't know when you'll die...

I consider myself quite a fortunate person to get to know that there are many crazy people out in this world. I don't have to travel overseas just to meet different types of people. The people within my vicinity are crazy enough to drive me up the walls.

I'm in the journey to meet more people of different race and religion... different age groups... different mindsets.... different methods of handling things.... the rich & the poor... the bold & the timid... the greedy & the humble.... those who see the future & those who lives in the present only.... those who complain about everything & those who are thankful for everything.... those who are joyous & those who are depressed in lives.... Truly our country is colourful and wonderful.... there are still many more that I haven't see... Therefore, I'll never say that I've every single kind of person for there are more whom I do not know.

No comments: