- The First and The Last
- For Your Name
- It's Your Love
- I Will Exalt You
- No Reason To Hide
- God One and Only
- The Wonder of Your Love
- His Glory Appears
- We The Redeemed
- We Will See Him
- You Hold Me Now
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
The seat is terribly small and hard... it's gonna hurt my.... what are you thinking??!!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Satan can only buzz around us and that is usually enough to upset most Christians, but he cannot harm us, if we are truly in Christ.
The half an hour smashed-off easily. We got the kick of the game in less than 5 minutes. After that half an hour, we were sweating like pigs. Chun's palm got blisters all over. The next half an hour we were just smashing away, hoping that the shuttle cock wouldn't end up in our own court. Too lazy to pick up the shuttle cock. No wonder can hurt the back. We would do anything just NOT to let the shuttle cock land on our court. Let your opponent 'exercise' running from the left to the right, front and back. Then you'll have an evil grin stuck on your face when you see that the shuttle cock landed on the other side.
I don't play doubles. I don't share... so don't expect me to share half of that small court with another fella. I need space.. and a lot of space in fact. Same for squash.. no sharing.. I'll sure collide with that person or smashed that person up badly with my racquet. Hahaha.. LX, I remember accidentally hitting you with the squash racquet when we played at Eunice Lee's place in N-Park. Tennis... I still remember the tennis balls that went flying over the fence and landed dunno where... hahahaha... LX, COME BACK!! I WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
There is freedom from fear and anxiety. We can expel fear and replace it with the power of God's love and what a release that is.
COMPANIONSHIP - I am with you
To have the Lord's constant presence and companionship is indeed a great privilege.
ENCOURAGEMENT - do not be dismayed
There are so many things that surroud us that can dismay and discourage us. But God wants us to 'cheer up' and not be dismayed.
What a powerful truth. To have such a personal relationship with the great "I am". To every need you have, God says,"I am...". Truly, "He is our sufficiency"
STRENGTH - I will strengthen you
HELP - and help you
VICTORY - I will uphold you with me righteous right hand
Let this promise and the reality of it, fill your mind and understanding. Conquer fear and difficulties God's way and take hold of this daily programme.
*The usual plastic bag cost 20 sen for one. I'm not going to spend my money on plastic bags. Call me stingy... I'm not the only one*
Monday, November 09, 2009
Fear has been defined as the expectation or apprehension of evil.
When you worry and dwell on fear you are actually imaging failure pictures.
The word 'snare' implies a trap or an entanglement. The devil longs to keep us in his trap and entangled because of the fear of man.
Are you fearful of what your familly, your friends, your work associates etc think of you and your Christian witness? If you are, this will cause a snare.
~ Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative ~
Sunday, November 08, 2009
Books... I just love books... MPH or Popular Bookstore... will you just hire me as a part-time worker? I'll just wrap the books...*haih... sad case... I've never wrap books before* or maybe I just arrange the books then when there's no one I can hide under the table and read....
MPH invited Michael Losier, the author of the book "Law of Attraction" for book-signing session and to give a talk about his book. It's a great book... it's a pity I can't stay coz I....
had a movie to catch... I love movies... but this was really really disappointing. I'll just stick to the book...
Oh... dinner. I didn't do any grocery shopping. I changed Sunday to other weekdays... so there was not much left in the refrigerator or kitchen cabinet.. but I like what I had for dinner...
Who said that's for breakfast? Is it written anywhere? No, rite? I'm not gonna wake up early in the morning to prepare those... just not my style to wake up and prepare breakfast...
Friday, November 06, 2009
- Helpful fear - respect and reverence
- Harmful fear - a devastating type of fear which does not come from God. It comes through three other sources: Self generated through our mind or from the world and its fearful environment and circumstances or from the devil and demonic areas.
Thursday, November 05, 2009
- HE HAS PLANS - What a thrill to know that God has specific plans for you every day. The verse below is from Psalm 139:16
- THEY ARE GOOD PLANS - Sometimes we struggle with the difficulties that arise in our life and we wonder just what is happening. Never doubt the fact that God wants nothing but the best for your life. Yes, His plans are good plans.
- YOU HAVE A FUTURE AND A HOPE - In our insecure world it is wonderful to know that we have a definite future and hope. We have the best in this life, as well as in the life to come. The world without Christ, has a hopeless end, while we have an endless hope! Allow God's programme and plans to operate within your life today. *That verse in the picture is wrong. It's suppose to be Jeremiah 29:11-13*
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Let's look at three men in the Bible who characterised and preached the godly lifestyle:
- King Jehosaphat - "a man who enthusiastically served the Lord"[2 Chronicles 22:9]
- Peter - Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. [1 Peter 4:10-11]
~ It is easier to cool down a fanatic, than to warm up a corpse ~
When you make this type of commitment, you will find that you have:
- A goal you should be pursuing
- A dream you should be launching
- A plan you should be executing
- A project you should be starting
- A possibility you should be exploring
- An opportunity you should be grabbing
- An idea you should be working
- A problem you should be tackling
- A decision you should be making
~ Not to be able to be enthusiastic about anything is a sign of mediocrity ~
How many times have you started a project but never quite completed it? Those music lessons, that study course, selling a product, that keep fit programme, that building project, increased reading materials, Bible Study, prayer commitments etc. etc.. I am sure we could all list some projects we have started with real enthusiasm, but didn't complete.
Paul's words are really challenging and give us some very definite guidelines of how to work on any project:
- START ENTHUSIASTICALLY - 'now finish the work' Unless you have desire and enthusiastic commitment to do a task you will not do it well. If you have the choice of project, and cant's give these commitments, don't do it.
- COMPLETE THE PROJECT - 'your completion of it' This challenge is to set a goal, and keep to it until it is completed. Persistence and determination are essential.
- GIVE IT ALL YOU'VE GOT - 'according to your means' We then need to give our commitment, time and resources to what we are doing and to do it with a cheerful and willing attitude.
- CONTINUAL ACTION - 'your eager willingness' Continual action is required if we are going to complete the goal and project you have committed yourself to. It is the 'keep on, keeping on' principle. Decide to be a person of enthusiastic action, right through until the job is finished.
~ Learn to get excited about your work ~
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Saturday was Grandma's lunar birthday. Celebrated with a cake and some food....
It was complete with maids, a trishaw and a Mercedes Benz. Very nice handy work indeed.
The paper lady in black was a replica of grandma and the other two were the maid-servant and man-servant. That was the last ritual on Monday morning.
That's what we had to do since the first nite. Kneel down and followed the nuns chanting in front. A lot of walking around the coffin. I don't feel like describing the ritual... there were perfomances, dancing around the tables and then one of my cousins had to chase after the fast-running nun after that.There were 3 roasted pigs as offering... and another 2 the next morning...
The paper house was burnt together with the folded hell notes around midnite on Sunday. We had to hold hands and make a large circle and started moving in circles. The circle should not be broken but I broke the circle. I left a huge gap there enough for two elephants. I'm sorry. I just couldn't follow everything to the dot.
At the cemetery... instead of 6 feet deep, grandma's was 12 feet deep. I asked why and why and why but nobody answered me.
PS. When I die, I want to be cremated and my ashes thrown into the sea. I want a white coffin.