Sunday, July 07, 2013

#7: Remnants of a Shipwreck...

The 'rock'... kind obvious now it was something else...
There was something bobbing out there. Oh, don't bother... just some huge rocks. That's what we thought it was until the guide called to us from the beach. *sigh* I have to take a slow swim back to the beach just to see what the guide was hollering about. It was one slow one as the corals were so near I could touch them or accidentally kicked on them and injure myself. Anyway, I need to change my battery for my camera. Remind me to bring 10 batteries and 10 chargers next time. Storage space in the memory card was no longer a problem as my storage card can store up to 11 000 photos.
From the inside... the middle of the ship...
The guide was asking us to swim towards the jutting out 'rock'. I was asking him why bother to swim so far out and the 'rock' was right at the snorkeling perimeter. He said it was a remnant of a shipwreck. Hah.... hah... but he warned us against the strong current that was building up by the hour since it was already noon. 
The front of the ship...
The view from the side, out of the perimeter floats...
Being adventurous, of course we swam towards the 'rock'. From our side, since we dared not swim to the other side of the perimeter, we could only see the head of the ship. It was not such a large ship I guess. I have no knowledge of ship at all. Can't even differentiate how big or small they were. According to the guide, the ship sailed too near the coast until it hit the corals and now, after so many decades, corals were growing all over the remnants of the ship. 
Standing on the shipwreck...
Beautiful right... corals growing on the ship...
Since there wasn't much to see, we swam back and went swimming within our perimeter. Then, the guide was so kind, instead of sitting around like other guides, he joined us in the water, making all sort of tricks to attract fishes by the swarm. Our guide was really one fantastic guy but I don't know what's wrong with me, I didn't ask him his name. Come to think about it, that's really terrible of me. After snorkeling around the Redang Island, our guide asked us to the shipwreck again. 
Was that a staircase?
He took us to the other side of the perimeter floats. Then, wow... it's amazing. We could see the inside of the ship and then we were standing on the ship itself... Hah... we were then holding on to the sinking ship. The guide dived down with my camera just to snap our photos... Fantastic was he... 
Us... holding on to the remnants of the ship...
Our guide was down in the sea and he was busy snapping photos for us. When he resurfaced, I was asking him what was he doing up so soon when we were not done yet. He said he needed to breathe... Ooopppsss... sorry... I've totally forgotten that he was holding his breath for so long just to be our temporary photographer. Then he went down again after taking a deep breath... sorry... and thanks a million...
Me with friends' legs... of course....
I salute to him. He gave us time to fool around before leaving. Most guides would just give a few minutes... seriously, we came across some who came later than us but left after 30 minutes... we were there for hours...

No comments: