Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Our Romantic Evening Stroll...

It has been a very long day at sea, but being the adventurous and energetic duo, the couzy and I decided to have a quick shower and then off we went for an evening stroll. We went to the end of the beach until there was no way to go anymore. 
Chasing after the sunset...
We had to pass by Perhentian Besar Hotel Chalet... arrrggghhh... I can't remember what... resort, I think. It was using solar power for each chalet. And most chalets around the island were in the form of a village. I like staying in old places, not some kind of luxury hotel. Whenever I'm in a luxurious place, I'll feel so out of place and awkward. Never like to do things the prim and proper way. I'm more towards the ruffian and boisterous style.
The chalet...
We went to a huge rock then climbed onto the rock and had a good sunset view. No such good view but then we were playing with the camera. I brought my phone along as the batteries of the camera went totally flat. You know you're getting older when your legs wobbled while climbing a not-so-huge rock. And you were practically on all your fours to prevent yourself from falling off the rock. And the only thing you have in mind was the consequence if you ever fall off the rock. And you're undecided whether to wear the slippers while climbing the rock or leave your slippers behind. 
On a rock... see it wasn't high at all...
When I was in my teenage years, I walked on a tight rope across the river with sharp stones on the river bed. There was no safety harness or netting to cushion the fall yet I managed to run across the rope, to and fro, countless times, being very sure that my agility would bring me to the other side safely. 

We were having some good time together but right until now, I couldn't remember what our conversation was about. I bet the couzy couldn't remember a single word that we've talked about and laughed about.

Me... 
Then, when the sun has finally gone off to sleep, we decided that it's time to walk towards our resort, which was at the other end of the beach. I was waiting to capture the lightning in the sky, and lo-and-behold, the couzy disappeared into somewhere, looking for the toilet. I was left there and she went without a phone on her, and I didn't know what to do and where to find her. That's my couzy alright, she's brilliant with her disappearing act.
with the couzy...
Out of nowhere, she reappeared. It was getting really dark and there wasn't even a street lamp. What was I expecting? I don't know... and we walked towards the bridge that would bring us to the other side. Sad to say, I couldn't even recognize the walkway. We were both panicking away when out of the sudden, a Malay couple walked right in front of us, turned around and asked us whether we were going to the Coral View Island Resort. Then, the couple asked us to follow them... God is good, all the time.
...with our flip flops...
You see, now we're sure we're getting old. A couple of years back, we hiked down from the Youth Park there when it was totally dark and we couldn't even see our own hands, yet we managed without fear. Then, when I was younger, I went for midnight hike with just a useless torchlight that couldn't even shine my path properly. Actually, I don't know how to use a torchlight, same as I don't know how to use a compass as it's forever pointing towards the North even if I turned 360-degree and I don't know how to use an umbrella - no matter how I hold it, I ended up completely drenched in rain water, so whenever it's raining, I don't bother to even hold an umbrella, and there's no umbrella in my car, and I don't even run in the rain as you'll get wet no matter how fast you can run. 

No comments: