Thursday, September 24, 2015

Day 11: Baisha Beach in Kenting...

~24th March 2014~
We asked our driver whether we will have a chance to dip our legs in the Pacific Ocean. Our driver said yes and he would stop at the beach. We were quite tired to walk and we were afraid of the crowd. When he dropped us by the roadside, we told him it would be a quick one. But the walk to the beach was quite long. There were camp ground for those camping enthusiasts. I've rested in a tent for less than 10 minutes, I will need a portable air-conditioning system in the tent. It's so hot and stuffy inside. How can one survive inside the tent?
The moment we reached the White Sandy Beach, we went crazy. It was clean and breath-taking. It really took my breath away when I choked on the stinky tofu smell wafting everywhere from the small stall. How can someone sell stinky tofu at such beautiful beach? I can accept durians by the beach but stinky tofu by the beach, those two were just too contradicting. I'm not into beach because I dislike the sand but for the sake of dipping my legs into the Pacific Ocean, I had to bear with the sandy sand. And I could not understand why were those beach-goers putting up the huge umbrellas when their sole purpose of going to the beach was to get themselves tan? Nobody does that in Penang Island. The heat from the sun will melt the umbrella away. So what should one do at such short span of time at the beach. 
You can click on the video to see what my travel buddy was doing and you should be able to guess what I was doing...
Yeah, I was busy fidgeting with my camera. Just need to capture the moment. And we did have some fun frolicking in the sun but we ended up with a very bad sunburn.
Happy wave....
Happy travel buddy....
Happy me....

No comments: