Saturday, September 19, 2015

Day 11: Houbihu Marina, Kenting...

~24th March 2014~
Our driver took us to Houbihu Marina for seafood lunch. It was a place with lots and lots of tourists, all hunting for a good bargain for seafood. 
I found the gigantic wind turbine the most beautiful compared to anything else. I have never seen such huge wind turbines in my life. We don't have it here in Penang Island so you can really imagine that we're the countryside people, travelling to another island which has more advance technology than ours.
We were okay with the price. We even considered the price as cheap because we have a bulk of cash in our hand after changing it from the bank. I have no idea what's written on the menu so we started using our index finger to place our order. 
We spotted this red spotted fish and we wanted it on our platter so we had that. We love seafood and my travel buddy has not been enjoying any good seafood as she was staying in the land flowing with milk, cheese and beef jerky. Before we settled with our order, we had a good look at those seafood on display.
Those jelly eyes... there were staring at you. I have no idea how they're selling those eyes. Steamed those eyes on a platter? Throw them in soup? How???? I could not understand. The eyes were no more there when we were done with our lunch. We had these for lunch... not much of a surprise looking at them now but when we were there, we had a full and happy lunch.
Deep-fried fish skin? How did we eat there? I don't even like fish skin.... we finished the whole plate though... don't know who's idea was that....
Sashimi... our favourite... we wished to have a bigger plate of sashimi... I prefer tuna than salmon... and what's that yellow fish?
Prawns were too small in my opinion....
The normal lala which I could get here for RM10 for a kati....
The worst vegetables we've ever had... when having seafood, please do not order any vegetables....
Fish belly? Why did the whole plate look like pig's tail?
Our delicious red-spotted fish...
My travel buddy... the happy one....
While waiting for our food, I saw this on the aquarium wall. If ever I'm asked to name the aquatic organisms, I think I will flunk the paper. I have no idea what was that. Was it even alive? An aquarium cleaner to lick all the dirty slime on the walls of the aquarium? I have no idea... we never bother to ask because they would probably reply in Chinese and left me with more questions marks later on...
There was this stall selling deep-fried delicacies of sort. Puffer fish? Serious? Do you scare the fish silly then when it puffed up you quickly throw it into the hot oil so that it could maintain its puffed-up shape? That puffer fish has beautiful teeth and it has a mole on its face. How did you eat that puffer fish? Was it like eating durian skin??
We got this drink for our driver. We didn't want him to dehydrate. He refused to have lunch with us... I have no idea what drink was that but I saw my middle name in the middle of those three yellow Chinese characters. Must be iced bird nest drink... 
My favourite fish maw... I don't mind having steamboat with just fish maw swimming in the pot of soup....

No comments: