Monday, March 19, 2012

China's Morning Lifestyle...

... according to me :o) I've had breakfast at home, a bowl of grandma's secret recipe dumplings. Pinky and I went for a morning walk downstairs at the Ecology Park. It was just an ordinary park but to me, it was one extraordinary park found in a housing area. Around 7 a.m. there must be a tai chi group slicing through the cold morning because grandma joined the group every morning. I was too lazy to get up so early to join the air-slicing team. But I do enjoy the winter morning sitting on the bench and staring at people. I don't enjoy sitting on the bench back at home in Penang because I might suffer from heat stroke. That winter breeze with temperature around 16-degree Celsius was like having the air-conditioner switched wherever I went without the off button. If you are from a four-season country and you're afraid of cold, then you will understand how I felt. I'm one from a hot, hotter and hottest country thus, I'm afraid of walking around in a terrible hot way. I prefer cold, chilly and cool. There... there... wasn't that interesting? It was like looking at a group of Malay men playing sepak takraw. I used to watch the guys played sepak takraw in front of my house when I was small. Now, that was kicking with something made up scraped metal and decorated with colourful man made feathers. I bought 3 of that home so that we could kick it around when we have nothing better to do. People in China really know how to use their time, doing things that they enjoy most. There were a few different groups singing the Chinese oldies. Sad to say, I couldn't enjoy the free public performance as I have very limited vocabulary in my Chinese brain. I just knew that they truly enjoyed themselves, entertaining themselves and others who wanted to be entertained. Anything wrong with the one-child-one-family policy in the land of my forefathers? There were too many people in the golden age era. Just too many of them and so many strollers = too many babies. The old has to take care of the young as the middle-age people were out earning money to feed so many mouths at home. Cost of living in China is not low, it was pretty high. If I were to live there, I will have to earn at least 1 million yuan in order to survive and live like how I am living my life. Right now, I have to thank God for bringing my grandparents to Malaysia. Thank God for their courage to flee from their homeland to embark in a journey in a foreign land which has become my home. Look at the amount of people~! I was thinking to myself that they must be on holiday like me but Pinky reminded me that they were old people and babies and toddlers, getting out of the house for a breath of fresh air. My camera lens was not wide enough to capture everything. I will need a very wide lens to get the snapshot that depicts the situation in China. Everything there was humongous... as in triple and quadruple XXXXXXL... You'll need a lot of L's to describe it. Hey, there was even a glass bridge to cross over the still water. I wished we have this in Botanical Garden. Since I was staying in Overseas Chinese Town, a township developed by the Singaporeans, so you should see that I was staying in a very clean and healthy environment, unlike what we were shown about China through the media, but there were a few setbacks even in a modern housing estate... there were pet dogs taking a leak wherever they felt like marking their territories. There were dogs of all sizes and dogs without leash. We can't do that back home in fear that the dog might attack a passer-by and living in an Islamic country, I am more than happy to follow the Malaysian law, not to have dogs running loose all over the place... not only that the four-legged furry friends were spraying yellow tea all over the place, the little boys were given the leeway to remove release their little birdies and spray more tea all over. At least they did it in the garden instead of the five-foot way, which can be seen all over the city and the outskirt. If you are in China and you see a puddle of water on the five-foot way, please don't think that it's just water spilt by the milkman or the rain has created a puddle suddenly, please heed my advice, either you jump over the puddle or walk far away from it. Oh, look at the fugly looking pooch. What was it doing at the running track? Move away you little pooch...

No comments: