Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Yen's Kitchen: Re-open...

The price of outside food is soaring sky high. And all the time when we're at hawker centres, we will have a difficult time ordering food. The usual words that we would use will be, "There's nothing to eat." I'm not a fan of Penang's famous char koay teow neither do I enjoy a bowl of Hokkien prawn noodles. Western food was so-so only and my girls were equally as terrible as I am. Yeah, they take after me. My eldest was the worst of its kind. She got bored looking at all those common food. 
I cook with my blood...
Anyway, I decided to upgrade our daily menu so we could enjoy better quality food. Better in quality and more in quantity and it's not like I need a whole day to cook up a dish. I'm pretty good by now. I have a new toy, too. And today, I found the main supplier for all those imported air-flown meat like Australian beef and New Zealand lamb and all sort of cheese. It's so cheap and those sold in supermarket, the price has been multiplied by *counting... calculator exploded*.... too much. Oh, yeah... I have to keep in mind whenever I'm dining outside or buying anything, I'm actually trying to cover a small amount of rent and salary for the workers. 
My new toy... the bread maker... 
I'm not a stingy person... I'm in fact, very generous... I just want to make my every cent worth it. Why spend on something that you know you can do better? The whole house enjoys my cooking rather than eating outside... so... I'm playing housewife for the whole month... come next year, I'll have to squeeze my time, juggling with work and being a driver and cooking. Thank God the hubby does the laundry. 

By the way, I won't be writing about food everyday, dishes that I cook and sorts, it's just too tiring to do that. I have a life outside of the digital world and currently the Internet line sux to it's max. 

No comments: