Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 4: Taipei 101~!

~ 17th March 2014~
The pride of Taiwan.... for others to boast upon seeing it...
This is the only reason, the sole reason why I put in hiking in our itinerary. Thank God no one objected with my mad idea. The tiredness was all worth it the moment I caught a glimpse of this. The many hundred of steps may discourage you but at one bend of it, you could see the full view of Taipei 101. I did stop there for awhile to feed my satisfaction. Then, Pinky went ahead to check how far more we should hike or we would just camp at the bend. It was just a short distance before we reach. There were not many photographers on a Monday night so I got a good spot near the wooden railing. I was not thinking of falling over. I have no fear of heights. I set my camp and started shooting. I am not a professional photographer, just an avid one. I have no passion for anything. I just like to do it. There is a huge difference between having a passion to do something and enjoying doing something.
Me... smiling from ear-to-ear...
We wanted to see Taipei 101 very much. While drafting out our itineraries, I was thinking to myself if we were to go straight to the building and walk inside the building itself, how to take a good picture of the building? Ridiculous right? I have traveled to a few places where I have wanted to see the building but I ended up inside the building and looking out of the building. I did not want that. So I Googled up to see where's the best spot to catch the full view of Taipei City and the famous tower. That's where I read about Elephant Mountain and I was determined to hike up there come what may. God is good... I heard that Taiwan has its fair shares of rainfall almost every other day. Mi mama has an umbrella to prepare for rainy days. I refused to carry one because it would add on to my excess baggage and Pinky and I just do not want to walk around with an umbrella. To tell you the truth, I have used an umbrella ample of times and I always ended up soaking wet from head to toe. I don't see what's the use of using an umbrella. For the 13 days that we were in Taiwan, there was no rain wherever we went to. It only rained after we have left the country and it rained with a vengeance the day we flew out of Taiwan.
The night view of Taipei City...
It was quite chilly up there with cold wind blowing. We were sweating like we just walked out of a shower, soaking wet. The wind wasn't strong. It was a gentle wind blowing. At that point of time, I was really extremely happy. It was satisfaction like you just got yourself an ice-cream on a really hot day. I could just call it a day and be done with the whole trip. I don't enjoy walking around the streets. I love this. I could stay up here for nights and nights on end. We missed the sunset and the day view but if you know me, I love bright lights. I love colours. I'm seriously very okay with this. I don't need a sunset view. That's what I thought on the first day in Taiwan.... that's what I had in mind... but I was affected by what was written in the many blogs that I have read. You'll read soon about how I made all of us chase after sunset, as in literally running after the sunset. As if there's no sunset back at home here.... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful
post. Thank you for supplying these details.

Here is my web-site :: cheap Hotels