Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 5: Beitou Hot Spring Museum...

~18th March 2014~
Map for kids... or map illiterate...
This is the map of interesting places to go to around Xinbeitou. Looks like a small place but believe me, you wouldn't be able to finish it in one day if you love to snap photos. You need to do brisk walking and breeze through the place. I wanted to visit the library but I think it's not open because it was under renovation. Thus, we went straight to the Hot Spring Museum. I like the building which looks like our Malay kampung (village) with a complete taste of Japanese in the interior of the building. There was no entrance fee required, I think. Couldn't remember. I only remember the time when we were poor and also the time when we were rich. The above is a really interesting illustrated map for those who couldn't read maps properly.
The Beitou Hot Spring Museum...
There... there.... the beautiful building with Malay feel for the wooden planks part, English-like on the red bricks and white part with window on the far left top and totally Chinese-feel for that open balcony. I love looking at these kinda buildings. You're suppose to take off your shoes and leave it at the shoe shelves like pigeon holes and then wear their slippers inside. Good idea. No need to mop the whole place until you break your back. Some inconsiderate visitors might leave their shoe prints all over after stepping on muddy soil. 
I half wished that my ancestors were Japanese.... Love everything Japanese...
Ahhhh.... that feeling on the floor was really good. Actually we spent some time here because we were too tired to walk. We don't mind crawling on the mat and sprawled on the floor like we were at home. There were many people walking in to snap photos. How I wish I can build another floor in my house and design it in this style with a tatami bed. That will be the room for my international travel buddy who can drop in anytime and stay as long as she wants. It shall be done soon... It shall be done... one day... It shall be done...
Pin your messages to the world... 
We reluctantly crawled up from our four feet to standing tall on both our feet then we marched on. That message board was for you to write down anything and pin it on. I don't think I wrote anything there. Actually I don't know what's that board for. Too many words to be asked to translate. I do not want to bother my translators right now.
Dedicated to the study of Dr. Yohachiro Okamoto
The minerals from the hot spring were given a thorough research by a Japanese mineralogist, Dr. Yohachiro Okamoto. That's all I could tell you. Now, I regret for not reading everything on the display board. Next time I'll take a photo of each piece of short article so that I could read them when I'm home. I also don't know what else Dr. Yohachiro Okamoto have contributed to the people through his studies and researches. He must be a great and wise man who pour out his heart and soul into the studies of minerals. One shouldn't be so ignorant to the studies of a learned man. Sorry, Dr. Yohachiro... very sorry I didn't learn more about your findings because I was more absorbed into photography.
The empty hot spring bath pool for public....
This is how the hot spring pool for public should look like when it was empty. It looked quite deep so should everyone be paddling around like ducks or sink to the bottom? I don't mind swimming in warm water during the cold weather. Or did I hear everything wrong about this place? Geez... I don't seem to be paying attention when I should. Anyway, I did pay attention to the windows. I love windows. I don't know why.... just love windows but I never open the windows in my house. After the curtains have been put up, then that's it. I'll never see the windows and I will never take a peek to the outside world.
The window with stain glass...
Windows with curtains hooked on both sides...
A window with me.... I climbed through the window actually...
See... I told ya'... I can miss out almost everything but I will always pay attention to the windows.... just another one of my odd likings to one part of a building structure.

No comments: