Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 3: Disneyland Visit Re-told...

~16th March 2016~
Today I'm a tad more free and I've been thinking about writing a less watered down trip to Disneyland. More so, it was our maiden trip to Disneyland. 

Disneyland in Hong Kong was known as the smallest in this world. The whole place was divided into seven different 'lands'. I don't know about the Disneyland in other countries and I refuse to check it out to make comparison or else I would turn purple for not being able to go there immediately. So, let's not wake my globe-trotting spirit or else I would be gone for another month. I need to stay at home... need to stay at home.... need to stay at home. Let's concentrate on the most recent month-long trip that's about to fade away from my memories. I need the photos to refresh my memories. 

You've most probably seen the entrance of Hong Kong Disneyland from the previous post, that was written a few months back. I've been very busy because of the exam month. I do believe that the present generation is deteriorating in terms of brain usage. Okay, not going to talk about that... *sigh*
Main Street, USA... 
The stretch that will make you jump for joy is Main Street, USA. I don't know how I will react if I'm in the United States of America. There were just so many people snapping photos at every corner... that includes me. I'm a better person in taking endless shots. Well, if you think that the sky should be blue, then that wouldn't be real. The sky was in a gloomy mood when we were there. To us, that's good enough. The weather was not hot. What to find along the stretch of Main Street, USA? There were shops and more shops which if given a choice, I would have bought that Mickey Mouse comic strips sweater and the cheap-looking plastic Mickey Mouse head plate for my lunch and I would like to have that soft toy Mickey Mouse. You can't blame my brain from doing conversions faster than a calculator. I do calculate faster than a calculator.... *double sigh* I ended up not buying anything and come to think about it, I'm kinda sad that I didn't spend money there.

Sleeping Beauty Castle...
At the end of Main Street USA, Sleeping Beauty's princess is just like what you always see whenever you watch a Disney's movie. That's also the entrance to Fantasyland. Fantasyland is the biggest section in Hong Kong Disneyland. We could not decide which way to go. I was thinking not to use the map but again, I would say that was the stupidest thing to do... not using a map. That map would save your life time from getting lost and walking in circles. I'm a good map reader no matter how you hold it. So, we started crossing the areas that we've covered. At the end of the day, our map was completely torn. 
Merry-go-round
Whoever says that merry-go-round is meant for children? There were more adults than children on the weird looking horses. We took a ride, too. The rest like the teacups, I was not that interested. We wanted to queue up for the Pooh ride. There were so many people. After walking up and down, undecided, we ended up queuing up for more than an hour just for a Pooh ride. 
Waiting patiently.... horrible~!
That long queue reminded me of my first time queuing up for at least 1 hour 15 minutes for one ride at Singapore's Universal Studios. Universal Studios offer special VIP pass at a higher rate compared to the normal rate. I was wondering whether Disneyland has such VIP pass.... but we got our tickets at a cheaper rate as Pinky has booked us the tickets earlier. I vowed to myself that if next time any theme park has VIP pass at double or triple the price, I would pay for it. Time is money. The amount of time spent standing there doing nothing is just a waste of time. I have no patience for such thing. My patience got worn out and my temper flared. Anyone dares cut my queue I would scream like a mad person who would end up in YouTube one day... *triple sigh*
Goofy~!
Oh, we took photos with Minnie Mouse, Pooh, Pluto and Mickey. I think we missed out Donald, did we? There were just too many people. But it's okay. Next time... next time... in another Disneyland in another foreign country. Just wondering, whoever that's inside there, are you not hot in those attire all day long especially during summer? And standing there having your photos taken, just that not really your photos. Nobody knows who are you inside there... you're nobody but just a cartoon character. Thank you for taking up this job or else there would not be any human-like cartoon character goofing around. I hope Disneyland is paying you handsomely.
Tomorrowland
Before Fantasyland, there's Tomorrowland... more about Stitch, you know the cartoon Lilo and Stitch? Was it... hehehehe... I can't remember... We didn't take any rides there but instead we had our lunch there. Pinky's mom was asking us to buy some food so that we wouldn't be knocked out by the throat-cutting price of food. But I wanted my pocket to be cut, for the fun of it because we were tourists. Part of the fun of being a tourist is to have your pocket burnt unnecessarily yet feel happy about it. 
Lunch for two....
We had very light lunch. Mi mama and I shared this. It was really really light lunch if you know how much I could eat for one meal. I could swallow maybe 5 pieces of that chicken but we ended up with one piece each.... so hungry... but our main purpose was not eating there so we were in a hurry to get out of the place and continue crossing out the map.
My big ruler...
That's in Toy Storyland. Buzz Lightyear, the dog and eerrrrr.... I couldn't remember the name of the characters except for the boy Andy, they were all built in gigantic size figures. I like the ruler. I have a liking for rulers. I hold my ruler when I'm writing and I hold my ruler when I'm doing my paperwork. Something in me about having precise measurement. I'm a sort-of perfectionist but trying to look into my imperfections. 
Mystic Point....
That building is not for you to walk in thinking it's some old castle like Aladdin's. The Mystic ride is inside the castle. I don't know how they do it but the builders are awesome. I don't really like the Mystic Garden as they are all mystical creatures. And it's kinda disturbing. But still the ride was good.
Get me outta here~!
Grizzly Grouch was a better place with the man-made geyser. I took the Gold Mine ride with another stranger from Mainland China. I seem to get along well with strangers. Mi mama is getting better in her photo-taking skills. Hehehee... I still think it's better that you experience going to Disneyland yourself. But don't take it like you MUST go there, it's not a do-or-die thing. It's just another luxury of life.
Man-made waterfall at Tarzan's TreeHouse...
Adventureland has everything that belongs to Tarzan. We didn't go up the tree. We're tired of walking. Seriously, growing up in an island where we only drive around, walking seems to be something that we hardly do. 
One of the exhibits at Tarzan's TreeHouse...
I wonder what Tarzan did with all those? Tarzan has his own laboratory? I need to watch Tarzan and Jane again. The best memory was meeting a Malaysian family. The moment I see them, I blurted out in Malay Language, with the Penang local slang. I never thought they would be from another country. I just need to take a look at their faces and knew they were Malaysians. Third day in a Chinese-speaking country and I already miss home. 
Sunset at Disneyland...
Hey, the sun came out to say goodbye. Love you sun.... thank you for covering yourself away from us. At least we got to see you once. 
The Golden Mickey Show...
The Golden Mickeys show is a MUST watch. We missed all the earlier ones because of the horrible crowd. I do not like crowd at all. Previously, I could still accept standing among crowd but the crowd waiting to stampede into the last show at 5:30p.m. was really suffocating. There was no space to even squat or sit. I don't mind sitting on the dirty concrete floor but there was no space to land your ass at all. But no regrets standing in wait among the crowd of international strangers. 
Our humble dinner... just half of the bowl for each of us...
Our simple yet expensive but delicious dinner. We could eat anything and anything would be delicious. We were so hungry so we got a bowl of noodles and asked for an empty bowl so that we could eat faster and grab a place in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle to catch the firework. 
My childhood dream came into reality....
It was a real uncomfortable wait for the fireworks. The lights were flashing in different colours and the announcements were made in Cantonese. I only know Cantonese from TVB series with Malay subtitles at the bottom of the screen. Other than that, sorry... I realized I couldn't understand Cantonese unless it has anything regarding me, then my brain would start ticking. The crowd on the concrete ground were more than the number of ants you could find in Disneyland, I'm not surprised we outnumbered the mosquitoes as well. There was no room to even fold your legs. It's an amazement that I have a spot for my tripod stand as well. I have two cameras up, one being held firmly to capture the scene in video mode and another in still photos. Don't ask me to snapshot from my video clip, I don't have time for any of such thing. See, it has been more than six months since I came back and I'm still stuck to Day Three of our trip. My next trip is in drafting already. 

I was wondering what's so nice about fireworks. We have fireworks in every celebration, New Year's Day, Chinese New Year, Eid, Christmas, Deepavali and Merdeka Day but I couldn't be bothered with them. This better be nice. It was truly nice when I uploaded the video earlier and it was even better when I went through my still shots. I did not know I have so many shots. Wonder how I managed with one hand holding on to a compact camera while another snaps away.
The grand finale at Disneyland....
One of my postcard quality shot of the fireworks. I love this to the max while I do have others to wash my eyes with. I stared at this photo for a long time. Such good timing. I'm proud of myself. Self-praise is no praise at all but I just enjoy looking at my own captured photos. The whole finale took at least 5 minutes but it felt like an hour-long. We were a very cooperative crowd when everyone ooh and aah at the same time.
The beautiful pond with Free Willy....
Mickey surfing on Free Willy at night. Goodbye ...
My dream of many years came and go in a day... reality struck... time to take the bus home..
.... and we had to go back by public bus. Huhuhu.... no one to come fetch us. No car to drive. It makes me feel very blessed to have a few cars at home to drive around, never need to worry about transportation back at home. No need to rely on public buses. No need to run after the bus or train. But in that foreign country, we had to rely on public transport and again, the blind leading the blind back to the service apartment. We managed to find the place with no trouble at all. Thank you Lord for sending your angels to guide us home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of information on your page.
Im really impressed by it.
Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I'll certainly digg it and for my part
suggest to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this website.


Here is my site - no extra fee personalized home decorating at parisloftgifts free personalization