Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Day 12: The Minsu in Hualien...

~ 25th March 2014 ~
We've finally made our way to Hualien County. The man in the tour bus called the lady who owned the minsu. She was so kind, she drove to meet where the bus dropped us. The bus waited until we were picked up. I was surprised to see that our minsu was also an active music centre. The lady taught piano and there were just so many students walking in and out. There were many rooms in her shoplot as she owned the whole building with four-storeys. Very established business and God is definitely blessing the whole family.
Our room... it's more spacious than this photo.... It's like having a whole living room of an apartment...

Our room was on the top most floor. The son helped to carry our luggage as there was no elevator in the building. We were given a huge room and I still have to say that minsu in Taiwan was way better than a hotel. I had a good time taking photos in the room at night before we called it a day. This was the room which inspired me to create such beautiful rooms in my home but until today, I failed to create one that beautiful because I am a very down-to-earth person and I have no time to dust every corner of the room. No, I'm not lazy I have a job and have work to be done.
Our minsu... if you can read the Chinese name, go Google for the address and phone number...
The lady actually asked what we would like to have for breakfast. I requested for toast and soft-boiled eggs. She asked what we really wanted and that's what I really wanted. I have enough of Chinese breakfast of porridge and more porridge. I dislike porridge especially the tasteless porridge that goes with century eggs. I was shocked when the lady said that such request would make her a rude person if she was to serve me with only toast and soft-boiled eggs. She said it's a must to serve the best Chinese breakfast to her guests. Okay, then don't ask what the guests really want. I really wanted soft-boiled eggs or just toasts with slabs of butter on them. I'm a very simple morning person.
Breakfast for 3!!

The next morning, our breakfast was sent right to our doorstep. I almost fainted upon seeing the huge breakfast fitted for a king. We could not finish everything and we ended up sitting in the room stuffing ourselves with porridge, paos with bamboo shoots!  and more. We mentally cancel off LUNCH from our to-do list later in the day.
That ONE banana is ENOUGH as breakfast...

The room was large, service was excellent but Taiwanese have odd choices in choosing the most comfortable bedding. The pillow was hard as rock and mattress was harder than the planks on the floor. It was just slightly better than Alishan Gou Hotel's mattress which I believed were carved out of stone slabs.

No comments: