Monday, December 08, 2008

Four Anchors of God

#1: The strong anchor of the PRESENCE OF GOD
Last night an angel of the God whose I am and whom I serve stood beside me...[Acts 27:23]
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." [Hebrews 13:5]
... and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." [Matthew 28:20]
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. [Psalms 23:4]

#2: The strong anchor of the PROMISES OF GOD
... and said, "Do not be afraid, Paul. You must stand trial before Caesar; and God has graciously given you the lives of all who sail with you." So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me. [Acts 27:24-25]
... being fully persuaded that God has power to do what he had promised. [Romans 4:21]

#3: The strong anchor of the PLAN OF GOD
For I know the plans I have for you, declared the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. [Jeremiah 29:11]
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. [Proverbs 16:9]
But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil heart. They went backward and not forward. [Jeremiah 7:24]

#4: The strong anchor of the POWER OF GOD
The rest were to get there on planks or on pieces of the ship. In this way everyone reached land in safety. [Acts 27:44]
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: First for the Jew, then for the Gentile. [Romans 1:16]
For nothing is impossible with God. [Luke 1:37]
"Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." [Jeremiah 32:17]
Now to him who is able to do immeasuarably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us... [Ephesians 3:20]

No comments: