Friday, November 28, 2014

Day 6: Dinner at Tea Time in Taichung...

~ 19th March 2014~
Walking around like we've been there forever...
After looking at the pandas on display on the floor at the place that we're going to stay for one night, we went hunting for food. You've not seen any proper food photos for day 6. That's because we've not been eating. I wonder what were we made of at that time. How could we not be hungry at all? We were becoming like professional street walkers in Taiwan. In Taipei, we relied heavily on the map. We do not have Taichung map with us. But now that I'm back home, I realized that we do have a complete map of Taichung but we never seem to bother to check it out. It's okay. We managed perfectly. We were walking to where we could find crowds of people. Even if I was holding a map at that point of time, I have no idea where our location was. We just walked on.
A catchy name that caught our attention...
After the food shock in Ximending on the first day, we have no positive expectation for night market food. Until now, if you were to ask Pinky, she would still stand firm on her opinion that there's no good food at the night market. So, we came to a row of restaurants. We stood outside thinking of which one to enter. We finally settled for Tea Time. Fancy being served tea at dinner time. And there seem to be a lot of people there. Others do not look that appealing.
Completely empty :D
The ground level was totally full. We asked to be seated at somewhere with no crowd. Yeah, we are a bunch of travelers who dislike looking at crowd and definitely do not like being sardined among crowds. The waitress asked us to go upstairs. Cool~! We have the whole upstairs all to ourselves. Completely without any humans except for the three of us and the waitress serving us.
Pinky sitting for food exam...
When we saw the menu, I think we could swallow a cow. But mi mama was wise enough to ask Pinky to order for two persons only so that we could share and see what's good at the night market. I read a lot about Fengjia night market being the mother of all night markets where they experimented on food before starting to sell them in other counties. Give it a try. Anyway my student has reminded me to try the bear paw burger at the night market. I was determined to try that one. The menu was something like we had at Kim Gary. It's like sitting for an examination, tick your right answers or else you will get something that you do not want. If you are an illiterate then you better go eat at the night market. I was Chinese illiterate so I let Pinky decide.
Our breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner....
Pinky ordered cheesy rice, I think and another hot pot of glass noodles. I just know that the taste wasn't that good but they were edible considering that we have had no breakfast, lunch or tea. That would do for that time. But I really regretted eating those because the portions were so huge and we were full to the brim. I will tell you why I regretted having dinner there. It's not about the place. If I were to have dinner some other place, I would regret, too.

No comments: