Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 10: Takao Railway Museum...

~ 23rd March 2014 ~
Take the MRT to the first stop known as Sizihwan (西子灣). I don't remember how far we had to walk there and I think we missed out on a lot of good places for sight-seeing. Blame it all on our lack of knowledge regarding Kaohsiung. I still regretted that we didn't stay there longer. The more I look at our photos, the more I regretted for concentrating too much on Taipei. More research should have been done on Kaohsiung instead of Taipei. Can just totally forget about Taipei.

The railway museum was kinda famous from what I read. But the moment I saw the train heads of yester-years, they looked just like our train heads from Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad. For those Malaysians who have never taken a ride on our old 'choo choo' train, then of course one would be delighted to see old train heads at Takao. The only stark difference between our local train heads and Takao's train heads on exhibit was that the language used was different. Duh... ours used the Malay language while the ones in Takao has Chinese words printed on it. We made a quick walk across the museum and I took only a few photos. The railway did not just end there. The whole place has been turned into an eye-catching spring field.

Takao Railway Museum was where I fall in love with hibiscus. I am willing to be a hibiscus collector now but I totally have no idea where to get those hibiscus from. Not much train head photos I will show here but I will show you every hibiscus that I managed to capture. We ended up spending a lot of time at the railway museum, looking at bright and colourful flowers.


I have the exact same species of this double-layered hibiscus but bright yellow in colour. I love pink but the pink hibiscus that I have in the garden is a dirty shade of pink.
This is my precious' favourite shade of pink... light and gentle... I want this as well... I want all the hibiscus in the world~!!!
I have exactly this yellow hibiscus with a red heart in the middle. I used to have the striking pink ones but because I put those two together, I think the yellow hibiscus cursed the pink hibiscus to death. The pink one died due to loss in competition. 
 I want this as well... multiple-layered hibiscus.... awww.... where can I get this in Penang?
Orange is beautiful.... whoever says that going to a railway museum is boring? One can learn a lot from the blooming flowers in spring. So, this place is not to be missed at all.
That's the travel buddy. I'm not sure whether she loves flowers or not... will ask her the next round I see her. I don't remember both of us ever discuss about flowers.
My favourite shade of red~! I'm actually okay with any bright colours but this is so unique. I need a bigger garden. Maybe I need to redo my garden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that everything posted made a bunch of sense.
However, what about this? suppose you were to write a awesome post title?
I mean, I don't want to tell you how to run your blog, but what if you added something to maybe grab people's attention? I mean "Day 10: Takao Railway Museum..." is a
little boring. You should peek at Yahoo's home page and note how they create article headlines to get people to click.
You might add a related video or a picture or two to get people excited about everything've got to
say. In my opinion, it might make your posts a little
livelier.

Look into my web page - quest bars