Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Cooling Experience...

I think the weather in Penang has exceed 35 degree Celsius. Can't stand the heat already. It's burning hot. You can actually feel the heat sizzling in your flesh... ehh... sounds more like eating sizzling hot pan noodles...

I happen to drive along when I found this shop. Curiousity kills the cat...I'm not killed coz' I'm not a cat. So I stopped by...

The shop is at Jalan Gurdwara. Used to be Bricklynn Road if I'm not mistaken. Actually my purpose is to stopped by the at the shop next door selling plastic then happen to smell the 'aromatic' fish smell that I'm so used to in the market. Then as I was sitting on the chair waiting to be served, I complaint to my utmost surprise, too loudly in fact," VERY HOT!! CANNOT TAHAN LIAO!

Then the boss' son invited me over to this place...
It's next door... and this photo is

taken inside the freezing room.




It must be negative degree Celsius as it took me less than two minutes to shiver non-stop.

Guy : Eh, why shiver? I thought just now you complain very hot?

Me : That was just now. This is now! So--oo-oo cc-old!

Guy : Want to buy anything from the freezer? Just take.. I'll give you special rate!

Me : Hahaaha... really? Can take anything? Cool...

There are sooo many types of imported seafood.
Dory fillet...
Shrimps without shells....
Crab meat....
Mussels...
Cockles...
Frog legs.....
So many types of fish....

I can deep fry the dory fillet and dip with mayonnaise. My mouth is watering at the thought of that.

Frog legs... I don't have to go to restaurants anymore. I can have my own stir-fry frog legs with dried chillies.

Crab meat.... can be used when frying noodles or even fried rice. But I never succeed in frying delicious rice. Just not good in cooking simple dishes.. I guess!

Other types of fish... bake... steam... sweet and sour, hot and sour, cheesy baked fish... oh I have so many ideas in what to do with all those fish meat!

I was there yesterday.

So today the dory fillet is already on the table ready to be served....


How to prepare such a delicious dish...

Marinade with sugar, pepper, five spice powder and egg.
Let it stand for at least half-an-hour.
Coat with bread crumbs.
Make sure oil is hot enough for deep frying.
Then when it turns golden brown, put on a plate with kitchen towel to soak the oil.
Spread mayonnaise on it.
Oh! It's just simply delicious... *yum*.. *yum*

Try it out for those who love to cook.








No comments: