Thursday, March 23, 2006

How We Fall

What type of advertisement do you see often when you flip the newspapers? No idea? It's slimming. The smaller your waistline, the better you look like. Paying for the slimming sessions are costly - without discount can amount to RM20 000. Mind you... that's a huge amount of printed valuable paper. In Hong Kong, they actually wrapped you up like a turkey, and light you up until you can't stand the heat anymore. Why pay so much for that we I can even do it on my own? Those who are interested can come and see me, I'll grill you or even barbecue you and you'll smell very very nice coz' I'll marinade you first.

My point is, we are so occupied with how we look like. Does it really matter? The answer is yes, but don't go to the extend as in overdoing it. I've been to many restaurants where customers finish only half of what they ordered. Some are already full but can't do anything coz they ordered too much. That's a lot of waste. Go to any coffee shop's garbage bin, collect only the leftover I think we can feed a nation for the whole month.

Business. Everyone wants to succeed and earn big money. Some even stepped on their own friends or flesh and blood just to gain the post that will make them popular.

Here is what I'm going to say - in everything we do, if we put God first, no matter how difficult it is, we can sail through and we are going to be more successful than anybody else in this whole wide world. Simple - put God first! If we do not put God first, no matter how high we climb on the ladder of success, we come tumbling down one day.... sooner or later.

Like the store of Lucifer:
The word of the Lord came to me:
"Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: "This is what the Sovereign Lord says:
"You were the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adored you: ruby, topaz and emerald, chrysolite, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared.
You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones.
You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you.
Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, O guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones.
You heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings.
By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your santuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching.
All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more.' "
Ezekiel 28:11-19
Even KFC Holding is having internal war. No matter how big a business or how wonderful a person is, when there's no God in your life... you're nothing but ashes. Many have heard about the goodness of God, but do not have the courage to step forward and accept Him. Why? So many look down on Christianity as if it's a deadly virus.
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
2 Corinthians 4:4
~PRIDE COMES BEFORE A DOWNFALL~
My thoughts:
If I'm so crazy about how beautiful I look like, I wonder what would I do if I'm disfigured one day. Commit suicide? Lock myself in the room forever?
I think God I'm not so obsessed with my looks. As long as I'm alive and kicking, I'm grateful to God.