Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Furious Longing For God..

The other day in Borders, after reading 'Have A Little Faith' by Mitch Albom, I browsed through the Christian books corner. Borders do not carry a lot of Christian books compared to MPH. One of the books from the shelf caught my attention. I could remember neither the title nor the picture on the cover.

It took me quite a while to find this book again. I was pulling books after books from the shelf and when I was about to quit out of sheer disappointment, the book was calling me from one little corner of the shelf. Hidden from anybody's attention. There were a few scriptures that caught my attention as I've come across these scriptures while studying the word of God during my quiet time.

... I no longer live, but Christ lives in me...
[Galatians 2:20]
...for I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
[Matthew 9:13]
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
[John 15:4]
... And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
[Ephesians 3:17-19]
When you pray, say:
Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.
[Luke 11:2-4]
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
[Philippians 4:8]

No comments: