Thursday, February 04, 2010

When I'm Not The Only One...

Receiving the yellow warning bill is not my first time and I doubt it's gonna be my last as well. I have even received a red coloured bill. There's nothing to be ashamed of.

The usual trip to TNB in Anson Road used to be a 10-minute affair. Take the number, before I can get my butt to warm the chair up, my number is called. Payment takes only less than 5 minutes. But last week, it was a totally different case.

I stepped into TNB and was surprised to see so many people with only a few empty seats left. It took more than half an hour before my number was called. Not prepared for the long-wait, I did not bring my story book or newspaper along. It was just a few minutes after 8a.m. and so many people were eager to get their electricity bills paid. I was looking around as I had nothing much to do. Hahaha.... I had a great laugh. Seriously, I wasn't the only one holding that yellow warning letter. Out of 10 person, 9 were holding them including all those oldies who looked like they're up-to-date paying users. There were at least 50 people waiting and a few left as they were rushing for time. Most probably rushing off to work...

Looks like all the mammoth companies seriously need to receive their payment due to the bad economy. Even Maxis is calling directly to remind me to pay 2 days before the due date. For my Astro, I just said goodbye to the service as I can live without having a television.

No comments: