Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day 7: Sun Moon Lake Ropeway...

~ 20th March 2014 ~
The beautiful Sun Moon Lake from Ita Thao....
The wooden platform built around the perimeter of the lake towards the ropeway station was quite a long walk no doubt it was only 250m but the view of the lake itself was mesmerizing and awesomely beautiful. The word 'beautiful' was not enough just to describe the scenery. We stopped in the middle of the walkway to snap some photos. I don't do 'selfie' so no self-photography. Just the view.
Crystal clear water...
Oh, my. Look at just how clear the lake water was and is. The water in Lake Titiwangsa was all green. How did they keep the water in Sun Moon Lake so crystal clear? I tell you, if I accidentally drop a piece of paper or an empty water bottle, I would jump into the lake just to pick up my own trash.
Teddies in cable cars...
We didn't know that there's a teddy bear theme in Sun Moon Lake. I love this to the max~! That was the best cable car ride ever. They don't call that cable car but ropeway. Maybe because the whole thing was supported by just a rope. That human-size teddy came in handy... not for me though.
A shot that I like....
That teddy was a great companion for my international travel buddy. You know when we were just in the planning stage of where to go, she made all the suggestions of going to high rise towers, mountain top and all sort of high places to get a good view of the whole place. When I was making the plans, I strike out all places with high altitudes because I remembered very well that she's acrophobic. She has such great fear in heights that it made me wonder how did she survive all the long-haul flights. She couldn't even get pass the second floor without wobbly legs. So, when she mentioned all the places with high altitudes, I kept really quiet. I have no problem with heights so I thought she must have amazingly overcome her fears. I went along with all her plan and she sent me into fits of laughter. She wanted to have a good view of the whole place but with her eyes closed. Thank God mi mama was travelling with us so she could hold her hands. I need both my hands to support my camera so I don't enough hands for her. Thank you Lord for the teddy bear theme in Sun Moon Lake so she could squash the teddies. Girl, did you see the whole of Sun Moon Lake from above?
Going up and down a few hill peaks...
There you go~! At least I have this shot to make you shudder. Well, you will have to overcome this fear of heights one day then we can conquer the mountains in other countries. Do you know what these people who suffer from acrophobia have in mind? They have something in common. They either imagine the hanging bridge gave way and they go for the free fall into the abyss or they imagine that the ropes gave way and the cable cars go crashing. If it's solid steps then they imagined that the solid steps just disappeared into thin air. That's what they have in mind. Such negative thoughts must be erased. Fear only cripples a person that's why she couldn't even move to let me have a good seat there with the perfect view behind me. It's okay, you're my friend so you can have your ways. Hahhahaa....
My God-sent travel buddy....
The open-eye shot was taken in a split second. You get the camera ready and then you shout out 1-2-3, click the camera. If you're slow then you will get shut-eye photo. We've mastered this to take her photo in high places. Love you pal~! I miss you a lot whenever I look at our photos.
Munching on brunch...
What a relieved~! Finally, landed on solid ground~! That's them chewing on our meagre brunch. We had to eat sparingly. 

No comments: