Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Day 6: Feng-chia Night Market, The Origin of Bear Paw...

~ 19th March 2014 ~
From the outlet, we walked out feeling defeated as we couldn't afford to buy anything. We hopped into a waiting taxi and asked to be sent to Feng-chia night market immediately to look around. 
Feng-chia Night Market...
I do not know whether the food there was good or not. Our belly was filled with rice and glass noodles already. The smell of food was really nice. The array of street food in Feng-chia seemed more appealing. 
The photo everyone seems to be taking....
The crowd was good and there were more big bin bags for people to put their thrash in. That's the photo which most people have. Snap a photo while walking to show the size of crowd. For some street vendors, business should be slow. Some of the vendors just stood there as no one was interested with what they were selling. Some stalls have huge crowd surrounding the stall. Then, you will also see a snaking queue in front of some stalls. Something interesting caught our attention.
The brilliant steak show....
There's this young chap selling rib eye roll steak. Pinky has a soft spot for a good piece of steak and this young chap was doing it like a professional. There were quite a number of people who bought the steak. We ordered one as well and I even took a video of this guy working on our medium-rare steak. It was so amazing that right now, I refused to even put up the video. We were completely impressed and we totally fall for whatever tricks that he had up his sleeves.
The rubbery medium-rare steak.... sad case...
The funny part about this medium-rare steak was the texture was like chewing on a piece of rubber~!! After taking a few more slices, we completely gave up on the expensive steak. We ended up looking for the huge thrash bag placed in the middle of the road and dumped the whole thing inside. Mind you, we two will never throw food away. We eat up everything because we were both raised not to simply waste money and waste food. So, with that horrible taste and non-chew-able piece of rubber we had no choice but to throw it away. Thus, with this second bad experience in our second night market, how could we two be convinced that Taiwan's street market offers the best food? It's Penang Island, Malaysia which is famous for street food, not anywhere in Taiwan. Don't believe me about my little island of Penang, go Google search. Sorry I have to say that. This is through personal experience. One man's meat may be another man's poison. We were disappointed with the street food experience. 
The beautiful bear paws....
Before leaving the place, I found the bear paws that I was looking for. I trust my girl's taste who said I must try this. We're Penangnites so I'm sure we have acquired good taste for food. Indeed, it's the best that I've tasted. I have no regrets going to Feng-chia night market. Pinky thought I only like that because of the bear paw. One bite of it sent me to the moon but I came back from the moon to finish up the whole thing. That was the very reason why I regretted having dinner earlier. I would have bought three of that without sharing with anyone. Good things are meant to be shared with others but there are times you just have to be selfish and have them all to yourself. 

You can't find the stall?
The stall without crowd but with the most fantastic food...
It will be very obvious that the bear paw stall has no crowd at all. No snaking queue. The stall beside it selling all sorts of fried chicken or fried meat has a snaking queue. Pinky bought that when I was busy choosing the flavour for my bear paw. Let me tell you something through experience. NEVER FOLLOW THE CROWD~!!! The fried food wasn't good according to my taste buds. This bear paw without crowd tasted the best. If I didn't go to the night market because of the first scare from Ximending, I would totally miss this cute yet delicious bear paw burger.
Awesome~!!
Have you ever tasted McDonald's Spicy Chicken McDeluxe? I used to have McEgg then I upgraded myself to order McChicken. When Spicy Chicken McDeluxe was introduced, I had that every time I was in McDonald's. One bite of bear paw burger would tell you that it's a million times better than Spicy Chicken McDeluxe. The mayo tasted better, too. 

I have no more regrets now. I have the contact to bring bear paw in but now, someone has brought in bear paw. Gurney Paragon has one just newly opened at the basement. I was thinking of going there one of these days but my translator just informed me that another one would be opened in Queensbay Mall soon which was much nearer to me. I can't wait to sink my teeth into those cute bear paws. I don't care how much they are charging but I do mind about the taste. Keeping my fingers crossed that the taste would be exactly the same or I would call the owner in Taichung directly and vomit out my complaints. Oh, no~! I sound so much like a Singaporean. Complain... complain... complain... Okay, I won't complain. I will write about it to keep as remembrance.

No comments: