Thursday, January 29, 2015

Do Not Worry...

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
There's much that I learn from my own garden. I don't know what are those plants called. A friend told me once but it never seem to register in my list of vocabularies. Because they looked beautiful, I bought three different colours of those and planted them side-by-side. In less than a month, all died a natural death. Thus, I was positive I do not have green fingers. It's just like my hands killed any beautiful plants. It was really discouraging but I just left it as it is. Dead or alive, I can't do much...
A few months later, I saw this growing at the other end of the garden. Somewhere so out of its path. I've always envisioned that they would grow beautifully like the photo above. Yes, that photo above was taken from my garden. It was just like how I wanted them to grow. They started growing that way in five different shades of colour. I have no power over them.
One or two things I learnt through my own garden was I have no power over live or death. Whether I water them or I don't, it doesn't matter. They will live somehow or other. The ones I really take care, died instantly. I left them to be, and they flourished. It's not whether I have green fingers or not. But I am reminded of the verse
30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?
He knows how I want the garden to be. He's the gardener, not me. I can't make what I want in my head happen in reality but He can. I went searching for landscapers and told them what I want and how I want my garden to look like. They said it couldn't be done. It would never happen. They gave me various designs which I do not want at all. Call me fussy. I am at times. So I left. And there... I have what I wanted without paying a single cent. Or I would be charged RM1500 for something which I will not get. You know it's like going to the hair salon. I always wanted to have a straight cut with no frills, no style just plain boring straight cut but the hairdressers always seem to have the upper hand on my hair. After cutting my hair, the mirror would be handed to be and you should see my horrified expression. They would give me the jagged V-shape which I hated so much. One hairdresser cut until neck-length and upset me so much. The moment I looked up and saw the scissors at my neck level, my heart almost stopped. Before I could stop the scissors from snipping, it was gone. They would never listen to me. It's my hair and I want it just straight trim with nothing fanciful. I stopped going to hair salons for half a decade already. My hubby cuts my hair for me how I wanted them to be.
You see, someone who loves you very much will give you what you want. I want a garden like how I want it to be but since I am not in control of how the plants would grow, Jesus did that for me. I want a straight cut hair with no frills, hubby did it for me. 

No comments: