Thursday, January 01, 2015

My New Year Resolution...

NONE~!
That's right. You read that right. Every year, I diligently keep to my New Year resolution, which is to have none at all. Why make a resolution or a thesis-long resolution which makes you feel like you have wasted another year as you did not successfully keep to your mountain-scaling resolutions. 
I was at the church's Watch Night Service. I've never been to one before and I detest driving on a road with heavy traffic. The weather was perfect for all kinds of celebrations and there should be countdown events in different places. I did not want to get stuck in a bumper-to-bumper crawl. Thus, I decided not to go but immediately I said I did not want to go, heart was tugged and I changed my mind in less than a minute. I was driving and the road was cleared of any heavy traffic. It was a smooth drive. A new year is not all about fireworks. It's just another day with a different number for the last digit of the year. I'm glad that I went for the Watch Night Service. I learnt a thing or two there. What's 2015 going to be like? It's going to be really exciting with things that never happen before going to take place in our country. Better things are to come but some might view this new year as a bleak beginning. What should we do then to waltz through the year 2015?

  • A call to prayer....
  • A call to mass revival...

Acts 2:19-21New International Version (NIV)

19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
    and signs on the earth below,
    blood and fire and billows of smoke.
20 The sun will be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood
    before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
21 And everyone who calls
    on the name of the Lord will be saved.’[a]
  • A call to personal evangelism...
  • A call to get ready for the second coming of Christ...

No comments: