Thursday, July 09, 2015

KL Food Hunt: Three Little Pigs & The Big Bad Wolf at Bangsar Village...

It was our last day in Kuala Lumpur. I Googled out three shopping malls and asked my precious to choose. She decided on Bangsar Village so we left Kuchai City Hotel and hailed a taxi to take us straight there. No point searching for buses. We didn't have time for buses. 
When we were walking towards the building, instead of heading straight to the main entrance, we were drawn to this grey door with those 'Three Little Pigs' wording. We were wondering what kinda place was that. We know about the Big Bad Wolf book sales but if they are selling books, why were the books non-halal? 
 The moment we pushed the door opened, the whole place looked so classy and we were both saying,"Oh, no~!" Yeah, oh no.... we're going to overspend. My precious thought that we should just walk out but then we were attracted to the piggies drawn with chalk on the wall. 
 We were seated at the nearest table, served by a really friendly Filipina. She gave us the menu and even the menu was attractive with a burger-menu bookmark.
 There were two chapters in the book and then because we were so hungry, I gave green light to overspending. Just order without looking at the price. And with that, my precious went ahead and ordered something really simple....
 ... such as the pumpkin soup. I was banging my head against the wall, in my imagination. I came back and made her a whole pot of pumpkin soup.
 Then, my precious ordered salmon with bacon sliced spaghetti with a poached egg which cost roughly more than RM30. When we reached home, I started grilling bacon and salmon. Since it's so much money spent already, why not have a hearty meal, according to the hubby.
 We liked that corner as well. While waiting for our food to arrive, we kept ourselves busy first.
The Soft Shelled Crab Burger...
Three Little Pigs may serve common spaghetti dishes but they served the best burgers. McJu from Yen's Kitchen bowed out the moment Three Little Pigs' epic epicurean burgers were served on the table. They were the best I've tasted. The soft-shelled crab burger was in the common menu though. Hubby loves soft-shelled crab... 
The Gladiator...
That's the Gladiator burger with pork burger. Those were not buns but macaroni with cheese made into the form of buns. There were the best of the best that I've ever had. No regrets. Thank God we didn't walk out of the place. 
The Emperor...
A double patty burger with ham and pork bolognaise. We shared those burgers among ourselves. Should have just ordered differently then I could wallop the whole burger. I don't intend to try making these at home. I just wanted to enjoy that moment.

No comments: