Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Day 20: OCT Harbour - To Go or Not To Go?

~ 2nd April 2014~
I will go if I have never been there before. I went when it was newly opened and the place drew such a huge crowd and there would be shows on the water with fireworks to end the night. This second time, I thought there would be some changes and indeed, the change was it has become a place where you walk in the dark. The darkness complemented perfectly with the light decorations though.
Some of the high end restaurants have closed down and there were new ones which might not last long. I was something like our Straits Quay done in larger scale and looked more exclusive and expensive. I'm a frugal person so I refused to pay for the exorbitant price of food charged. There are restaurants selling fresh seafood but we know where to get fresh seafood at the market and everyone in the house can cook, so why bother dining in expensive place to have the wallet slaughtered?
This year, I refused to go to OCT Harbour no matter how grandeur it looked due to the Chinese New Year decoration of sort.

No comments: