Thursday, July 16, 2009

Keep Walking...[4]

For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil, there is one striking at the root.
[Thoreau]

I know we're at the right path. I won't abandon ship halfway no matter how strong the wind blows or how choppy the storm has made the sea :-) I didn't know I will be attack first instead of you. Prayerfully you won't abandon ship, too when it becomes unbearable. I have not much to share today. I'm having writer's block.


Folly delights a man who lacks judgement, but a man of understanding keeps a straight course.
[Proverbs 15:21]


Well, suddenly I have the urge to talk about: Assumptions, Stereotypes and Labeling

We tend to make assumptions, stereotyping a person then giving that person a label. Give you an example. Somebody out there has most probably assume that I put myself into this situation again without checking with me the whole exact story and stereotyping me as a person who has no backbone and cannot be helped anymore thus, making the conclusion that I'm an idiot stubborn mule and a pighead. Simple to grasp, rite? I'm one happy mule :) *I'm currently imagining how does a mule with a pighead looks like and the best my imagination gives me is Eeyore from Pooh attach with Piglet's head but there's no such image so let your imagination runs wild*


We're always too quick to make an assumption. You've made assumptions 'bout me and I've made that 'bout you, too. I did label you at first but I've removed those labels as it wouldn't be right to do that to you. I stand to be corrected when I'm wrong. As long as my defense is not up, I will not take it as you're shooting me down. No one likes to be labeled. Enough said. If I continue writing, I can give more than 10 examples of how stereotyping a person is done in every level from being a toddler, a child, a teenager, an adult and elderly, too. Brush aside the simplistic thinking. We should think more, not think less and use our brain to the fullest capacity.

He who ignores discipline despises himself, but whoever heeds correction gains understanding.[Proverbs 15:32]

No comments: