Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Gift of Problems...

Problems can only be avoided
by exercising good judgement.
Good judgement can only be gained
by experiencing life's problems.

If we are not allowed to deal with small problems, we will be destroyed by slightly larger ones. When we come to understand this fact, we live our lives not avoiding problems, but welcoming them as challenges that will strengthen us so that we can be victorious in the future. When we can learn from our own problems, we begin to deal with life. When we can learn from other people's problems, we begin to master life.

I have my fair share of problems. The worst will be being hit directly from every direction. Financial problems... business problems... and my kids' problems that make me go bonkers. I used to be hopping mad or upset in every situation, but I learnt that leaning on God 101% and casting all my cares upon him really lift up every problem. Instead of seeking for solutions, just rest in Him. Everything will be taken care of. Isn't that wonderful?

There are acquaintances who spent their time pouring out their problems to me. It sounded strange as we didn't know each other but I see that it brought them great relief after pouring everything out. Well... they just need a pair of listening ears, not that they expect me to solve their problems for them. It's good to lend a pair of ears to those who needed them...

Obstacles are nothing more than a challenge that we face.
Some look at problems as something that was totally bad, something that had to
be dealt with or, better yet, ignored. But when you look at your problems
through a spirit of love, you realize that there is a grand design to this
world, and the problem is given to you for the lesson it will teach you and the
better person it will make you.

No comments: