Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Happy Birthday ❤

(¸¸.♥➷♥•*¨)¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸. ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.♥➷•*¨)


¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸♥.•*¨) (¸.•´¸♥➷♥¸.•´♥¸.•´♥¸.•*¨)♥.•*¨)¸.•*♥¸
Yesterday, the 5th of September was a great day to start working. I'm not complaining about work. I'm just suffering from post-holiday trauma. It was hubby's birthday and I have ordered a cake. When I was given plenty of choices to choose for the cake's design, I almost ordered everything. In the end I settled for one that I like yet don't really like. No worries, so many more birthdays and I get to order cakes of all designs. Most importantly, this cake is not an ordinary cake. Other cake houses offered the plain sponge cake with different flavours. I was not looking for sponge cakes or cheese cakes. I was hunting for suji cake. My pineapple brought me to Janie's Cake House in Pulau Tikus last year for her birthday cake. That particular cake house has suji cake and it's my hubby's favourite cake. Thus, I ordered one for him. We were eating like we've never eaten before. In less than 10 minutes, the whole 1kg cake was cleared off the platter, sparkling clean. Fruit jelly with the most beautiful design. By the look of those two perfect golden fish, you bet... I didn't do it myself. I can cook but other than that, I have no idea what else to do. We were figuring out how to remove the fish so that it can retain it's original shape and size. We were knocking from the back of the mould and then trying to cut according to the side. The first fish came out without the tail. But in less than 2 minutes we swallowed everything clear. You should have been around to see how many eager hands scooping and decapitating the fish in the process to satisfy our bottomless pit. There's a story behind the golden markisa fish with red lips and beady eyes. Last Saturday, after our hike in Youth Park, we went to have a simple dinner at the Pulau Tikus market. There were six of us and since we went for a hike, I did not bring anything with me except for a RM50 note for dinner for everyone. We were almost done eating and laughing when suddenly a lady approach our table. She has a big basket in her hands with cups of jellies of various flavours. A cup is for RM2, reasonable price. As I've said before, I'm a very difficult customer. When I've made up my mind, I will grab what I want. If it comes out of the blue, you'll have to do a lot of convincing to earn from my pocket. She was actually cajoling me to try a cup of jelly. Hubby chose the markisa flavour after much persuasion. I gave the RM2 then decided to get another one. By that time, I was left with only RM2.10. Thank God there's no parking attendant around to collect parking tickets or else we will have to walk home and take more money to pay for the parking. I don't even have a phone with me.
Then, this kind lady made a U-turn and came back to our table. She was asking me to get another jelly which I agreed to and I was left with only 10 cents. Out of the blue, she said since we like the jelly so much, she wanted to make a special one for us for a gift. It was hard to believe that a stranger will suddenly offer to make something for a gift. I was asking how much is she gonna charge. You know, some people tell you it's a gift and then at the last moment, came out with the bill that you need to pay and reminded that nothing's free in this world.

The lady was so eager to make jellies for us if there's any special occasion so I told her hubby's birthday will be on Monday, which was yesterday. She gave us her phone number and asked her to go to her house to pick them up. In my hubby's mind, we were thinking maybe she would only make those small cups of jelly maybe 7 small cups since I told her around 7 people will be around in the house during the small private birthday celebration. When hubby called her up yesterday, she said it's not ready yet. She was waiting for the jelly to settle in the mould. Instead, she came over to my house and dropped off two huge ones. The first one was the golden fish and this... the second one... My favourite lychee with hubby's favourite lychee. You know, if we didn't take her seriously, her effort would have been wasted. Sometimes, when people ask you to cook, and then when you put your whole heart into preparing the most delicious food, and then the person would tell you, "I'm just kidding la..." I would feel like taking the wok and hitting that person until nobody can recognize that person. I truly understand how happy she felt when she saw our surprise faces and gleeful expression. We have nothing but praises for her creativeness and her kindness. Through this, all of us were shown how God can move a non-believer to bless us and we're given a new found friend and a chance to pray for her. She has definitely make a huge impact in our lives.


As the heavens are higher than the earth,


so are my ways higher than your ways


and my thoughts than your thoughts.


[Isaiah 55:9]

We know it's God's hands which moved her heart to bless us. You may see that what she has given us is nothing but to us, it's everything. Everything that a stranger can give you. I remembered when we were in G Hotel, celebrating Gracie's birthday, I have to almost beg for a free birthday cake for her. Such big hotel can only manage one small slice of cake. Then for my precious' recent birthday, I used all my persuasion skills and got her a small slice of cake on the house as well from Swensen. For this, I do not need to ask. It's given. And she's not rich, neither does she hold any high position in an office. If she does, she wouldn't be going from tables to tables just to sell jellies in cups.

And through this experience, I'm very much assured that God will take good care of us and our needs. Nothing to fret about as He will provide. He will provide to us exceedingly, abundantly and above all. I've never truly understand that verse until now.



Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.


[Ephesians 3:20-21]

No comments: