Tuesday, February 07, 2012

It Ended with a BOOM~!!!

It's the last day of the Chinese New Year celebration. Chinese New Year started with a loud boom as if the whole island was bombarded with torpedoes and gun fires were released like there were endless ammunition. Some of the explosions were so loud it that the stars were shaken off from the sky. The ninth emperor's birthday was celebrated with more booms and bangs and pom and every single freaking sound that you can hear when you watch a movie with a war scene. And they released the booming explosives of beautiful lights in the middle of the night from 12 a.m. right up until 1a.m. You finally dozed off and then all of a sudden, your body jumped out of the bed while your body jumped out of your skin and your soul went hiding under the bed... you get what I mean... it was so loud and it was just outside my window. Anyway, I do enjoy watching the fireworks in the night sky and you just have to salute the Chinese in China for being so creative. I have the slightest idea what fireworks are made of. Today, or should I say yesterday... hhmmm... I mean an hour ago, it was Chap Goh Meh, in the Hokkien dialect, it means the 15th night, the last day of the Chinese New Year celebration. I got a good snapshot of the fireworks but the rest of the celebration, I did not have anything to show as I'm not one who enjoys going and getting myself stuck in such large crowd of strangers. I was working from 1:30p.m. right until 10p.m.

No comments: