Monday, February 13, 2012

The Wedding Diary...

I'm one of the biggest fans for Malaysian and Singapore movies. They are more meaningful and funny in one way or another. A moment ago you were laughing your ass off the together with all the other cinema-goers. In less than half an hour, you will be weeping unabashedly in front of the gigantic screen right in front of you. Whether it is a Jack Neo and Boris Boo or Jack Lim or Adrian Teh, they are all equally as good. The Wedding Dinner shows the way the Chinese will hold a wedding dinner, lavish to the highest peak and then you will be paying through your nose unless you are one of those filthy rich people or you have people helping you to pay for everything. Maybe you have been saving the money for donkey years then after that spend it all within a night, standing at the entrance door to welcome people in, then walking around the table cheering with everyone from table to table when you should be sitting down and enjoying the expensive food, then go up on stage to prepare a toast and pop the champagne, then stand at the entrance again to thank people for coming. Can the ang pow money cover for most of the expanses? Sometimes yes, but most of the time it's a no. I have totally different opinion, I break all kinda tradition whether it's an old tradition or a new tradition set by society. It's my wedding then I should be happy so my friends should be celebrating it for me, not the other way round. Aha~! Anyway, I don't plan to hold a wedding dinner, the price is exorbitant and I can cook all those. No, I'm not stingy just that I feel that after cooking for so long, it's not worth the value of money. Marriage is between two people. As long as I'm happy with how things are, then it's good. Valentine's Day tomorrow... I have no plans... will be working until night as usual...

No comments: