Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Barbarians on the Road...



Stone cold dark ages? Looking at it from my point of view, what happened yesterday on the road was the most terrible that I have ever encountered albeit I was just a vehicle behind the real victim of road bully. Two lanes merged into one and the luxury car on the left was racing with a van driven by an old man. Anyway, the van was not racing with the young chap but was just cruising on the road at quite a normal speed. There was a slowpoke in front of both the luxury car and the beat up van. I was behind the van and all of a sudden, the luxury car took a leap in front of the van. I have no idea how the young chap did that. It was like a Lego set where you lift up the whole car and placed it in front of the van. I slowed down looking at the silly-ness of how the luxury car was handled. My prediction was right. The young chap started acting erratically on the road. He accelerated a few inches to the front as fast as lightning then he hit the brakes to a complete stop all of a sudden. The van had to brake immediately and since I was already slowing down, I managed to stop in time instead of kissing the rear end of the van. Then, the young chap zoomed off again for a few inches and deliberately stopped in the middle of the road. All the cars behind me was like driving bumper cars trying hard not to bang into the other's rear end. The young chap then got down from his car and yelled at the old van driver like a mad man. Thank God I wasn't that driving behind the luxury car or else I would have taken out my baseball bat and whacked him properly in the middle of the road. Someone must teach that young chap a real lesson regarding safety issues while on the road, not to treat the road as his grandfather's or make it into a bumper car arena. Drivers who drove me up the walls were those slowpokes who turned out of the junction all of a sudden and drove like they're driving along the countryside, taking the view in and enjoying the cool breeze. Oh, helllllloooooooo~! We don't have windy roads like Great Ocean View where you can bring the hood down and enjoy the view. There's no view in town and it's really inconsiderate to drive like slowpokes on holiday. When you honk at such drivers they will slow down even more, driving at 10 kmph and making sure that they hog the centre of the road so there is no way you can overtake the slow coaches. In the end, sitting on a donkey cart should be good... That's my Donk Donk....

No comments: