Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Oz Day 10: Pennicott Wilderness Journey: Bruny Island Cruise...

~ 15th November 2015 ~
And our journey on the sea began, speeding on the Tasman Sea heading towards the Southern Ocean. Bruny Island is a forest reserve so to those adventurers, you can always choose to trek in the forest. We love the sea so I chose the cruise. After this adventure, the travel buddy became a cruise-craze person, opting for more high speed boat cruises especially in Phillip Island. I dream of having my own boat but I know I will abandon it after a few times on it because there's just too much to learn and do about maintenance.
My hunger for more rock formation was completely satisfied. If only I could build my own house using those solid rocks, if only I am a builder which I'm not. 
The first time we saw a blowhole. We're like those city dwellers who were awed with what nature has to offer us. Going through narrow route between two towering rock formation. How did they appear?
We headed down south to meet and greet the furry sea lions. There's not much to do except to laze around, sun-bathing. When it's too hot, jump into the cold water and get back up to have more sun-bathing. If hungry, go hunt for thy own food. The sea is an open kitchen. 
It's a three-hour journey. We did not catch any glimpse of dolphins and I was in the wrong season for whale-watching. Next time I'm going to watch whales. It's worth taking this cruise unless you're a scrooge who skimp on your expenditure while on an unforgettable holiday. Then, it is better for you to sit at home and turn onto the Discovery Channel, pretending that you have seen all and know all. 

No comments: