Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Altering Attitude...[27]

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
[Ephesians 4:23-24]

One of the greatest keys to abundant successful living is the development of the 'right attitude' to life. Choosing the right attitude, will make or break your daily living experience.

The importance of having a right attitude by Charles Swindoll:
"Words can never adequately convey the incredible impact of our attitude towards life. The longer I live, the more convinced I become that life is 10% of what happens to us and 90% how we respond to it. I believe that the single most significant decision I can make, on a day to day basis, is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude is that 'single string' that keeps me going, or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there's no barrier too high, no valley too deep. No dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me"

The greatest discovery of my generation, is that a man can change his destiny by changing his attitude of mind.
[William James]

I guess the word is 'repentance'. Looks like I'm writing for myself now instead of you.

We can alter our lives, by altering our attitudes.

No comments: