Monday, August 17, 2009

The Greatest Commandment...[26]

Two ways to describe life. Life is great, praise the Lord. Life sucks, where is God?

I thank my God every time I remember you. [Philippians 1:3]

Be grateful for the good in people. Another way of describing it will be remember the best, forget the rest. I'm sorry I'm a difficult case for you to handle. I'm the worst hypocrite writing this post at this very moment. I've never focus on your good traits but on your bad ones when I'm worse than you are.

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God. [Philippians 1:9-11]

Practice positive praying. I still keep you in my prayers day in and day out. I want you to have the best of everything.

...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. [Philippians 1:5-6]

Be patient with each other's progress. God is not finished with us. As humans, we are great starters but bad finisher. I think you know I started great but I don't even know whether I can finish what I start. But God is a great starter and also a great finisher. I am upset with you at times without realizing that you're upset with my behaviour, too at the same time. I'm quick to judge you and I have not learn how to listen to you or even appreciate you. I've never appreciate the time you spent with me. Again, I'm sorry.

It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. [Philippians 1:7-8]

Love people from the heart. You'll probably agree with this: If people are not on our hearts, they will get on our nerves. I know we don't see eye to eye in most things but I do enjoy spending time with you.

No comments: