Thursday, August 20, 2009

Get Me Out of Here...[29]

But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendents will inherit it.
[Numbers 14:24]

Caleb has some very distinctive charasteristics in his life:
1) He had a different, positive, faith-honouring attitude.
2) He had a total dedication to the Lord.

This resulted in:
1) God's promise to bring him into the Promised Land.
2) His family was going to inherit the same privileged blessing.

It was this same attitude that caused Caleb, at 85 years of age, when facing the challenge of possessing the enemy territory of Hebron, to say:
"Give me this mountain!"
[Joshua 14:12]

Have a God-given, different spirit and attitude in all that you do, as you wholeheartedly follow the Lord. I will not settle for mediocrity, but I will decide to have a different spirit and attitude, in everything that I do.

Successful people do think differently and consequently, act differently.

No comments: