Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Faith...[18]

...According to your faith it will be done to you.
[Matthew 9:29]


Faith is a response, a living, well-founded confidence in the grace of God. This sort of faith has to be actioned, otherwise we do not receive.

Forsaking
All
I
Trust
Him

Jehovah Ezer - The Lord Our Helper

So we say in confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

[Hebrews 13:6]

Jehovah Jireh - The Lord Our Provider

So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.

[Genesis 22:14]

Jehovah Roi - The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

[Psalm 23:1]

Jehovah Sabaoth - Lord of Hosts

Who is he, this King of glory? The Lord Almighty - he is the King of glory.

[Psalm 24:10]

Jehovah Mekeddeshem - Lord Who Sanctifies

"Say to the Israelites, 'You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy."

[Exodus 31:13]

Jehovah Nissi - The Lord Our Banner (Refuge or Exaltation)

Then the Lord said to Moses, "Write this on a scroll as something to be remembered and make sure that Joshua hears it, because I will completely blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven"

Moses built an altar and called it The Lord is my Banner. He said, "For hands were lifted up to the throne of the Lord. The Lord will be at war against the Amalekites from generation to generation."

[Exodus 17:14-16]

Jehovah Rapha - The Lord Our Healer

He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you."

[Exodus 15:26]

Jehovah Shalom - The Lord Our Peace

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ...

[Romans 5:1]

Jehovah Shammah - The Lord is There

"The distance all around will be 18 000 cubits. And the name of the city from that time on will be: The Lord is There."

[Ezekiel 48:35]

No comments: