Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Refuge, My Fortress, My Stronghold...[133]

Be my rock of refuge,
to which I can always go;
give the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.
[Psalm 71:3]

The Bible uses the picture of a fort and a strong tower many times. It was a aplace of refuge and secutiry. From these, one could look about upon one's enemies and know that one was safe and secure.

The Lord is our constant security. At any moment of the day, we could run into the secure arms of God...

When the battle is tough and troubles surround you, make sure you find yourself running into God's fortress and stronghold.

The Name that is above every other name, the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, is the name we can CALL upon at any moment of time.

If you want to be distressed, look within.
If you want to be defeated, look back.
If you want to be distracted, look around.
If you want to be delivered, look up.
If you want to be delighted, look to Christ~!

~ There are many occasions when I tremble, as I stand upon the Rock, but there are never occasions, when the Rock trembles under me ~

No comments: